Raptor Engineering hopes to build a nonproprietary motherboard that'll fit in ATX cases—and it just got cheaper thanks the to U.S. presidential election.
CIO.com's senior writer Sarah White puts this updated Surface Book with Performance Base through its paces to see what this thoroughbred device can do.
HP's luring Apple Mac users to switch over to its PCs with sleek and powerful hardware, and hopes the new Z2 Mini will attract Mac Mini users.
PC sales volumes have hit bottom, so from next year, the only way is up, say Gartner analysts.
Especially if you have an older PC, there’s a big difference between 32-bit and 64-bit Windows. Here’s how to find out what you have and why you should care.
Many Raspberry Pi-like developer boards are available, but most can't run Microsoft's Windows 10 desktop OS. OS versatility is a strong suit of the new SolidRun Q4 board.
All-in-ones are all about saving space and avoiding clutter, but few do so as well as Lenovo's ThinkCentre X1.
Alienware's backpack PC prototype packs a Radeon RX 480 to create a mobile virtual reality solution.
The Steam Machine is an interesting concept, but it's not the device PC gamers are looking for.
Overclocking might have an exotic image but it's not too difficult to start. At the entry level, an Intel desktop app provides an immediate performance boost.
Acer is firing on all cylinders with its powerful new Predator gaming PCs, which can also provide the processing power for virtual reality headsets.
John Romero's returning to the FPS genre for the first time since 2000's Daikatana. Cross your fingers.
Apple's focus on security means it will eventually offer Macs equipped with an ARM processor, Creative Strategies analyst Ben Bavarian said.
Intel is moving to slowly extricate itself from the PC market through a competitive process where every project in Intel's client PC business is being evaluated for its future prospects.
If your Mac isn't fast enough to edit 3D video, HP is providing a workaround to make it possible.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 3 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Waze lets you order coffee and a donut from Dunkin' before you get there
- Windows 10 Creators Update review: Gaming, inking, and Edge win, while mixed reality loses
- How to get Windows 10 Creators Update: The release date and more
- Tested: Microsoft Edge is the only browser to run Netflix in 4K
- Windows 10 Creators Update FAQ: Everything you need to know
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCODI DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Digitalisation projectsQLD
- FT.Net Developer - Mid-levelNSW
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Support Officer - Data and Information ManagementVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperACT
- FTSolutions ArchitectSA
- CCPerformance TesterQLD
- FTNBN Sales Consultant / Account ManagersSA
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW
- FTHelpdesk Support - Level 2VIC
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- TPAnalyst Programmer (.Net)SA
- CCLevel 1 IT Support OfficerACT
- FTETL Informatica DeveloperNSW
- TPUnix- Technical Support OfficerVIC
- FTProject Coordinator/AdministratorNSW
- FTImplementation LeadVIC
- CCSenior Network Designer - CiscoVIC