Intel has today stopped shipments of the Series 6 chipsets used with its much vaunted Sandy Bridge processors. The reason: a problem with the SATA controller that could over a period of time cause problems with SATA-linked devices.
AMD GPU stalwart Sapphire has announced it is building a range of Intel motherboards. The Intel products are all being made by Sapphire in Taiwain, and will be available direct from the company.
According to a report on the Wall Street Journal website, Sony Ericsson CEO Bert Nordberg has hinted that that the mobile-phone maker might be working with Sony to build a smartphone with a slide-out controller to play games.
Liquid coolers were once the preserve of hardcore modders with money to burn: the kit was expensive and notoriously leaky, but it was the only way their high-end processors could cope with the heat generated from all-night gaming sessions.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC