Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for over a year now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent Sandy Bridge architecture...
Building your own PC may seem to be difficult or a waste of time but it has many advantages.
Happy Clean-Your-Keyboard Day! Okay, I made that up, but think about it: when was the last time you did anything with your keyboard besides drop cookie crumbs on it?
Selecting components to build a fast PC for everyday office and multimedia tasks is never an easy undertaking, no matter how well you know your stuff. You have to make a large number of decisions about components, and the longer you take to research ...
This article is the seventh and final in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the sixth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the fifth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the fourth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the third in a series of how-to stories on building a computer. For a video version of part three, click here.
Overclocking refers to pushing your computer components harder and faster than the manufacturer designed them to go. The initial pitch is seductive: Buy a slower, lower-cost CPU; juice up the clock speed; and presto! You have a cheap, high-end proces...
Is your netbook envious of touch-driven devices? You can't turn your netbook into an iPad, but you can retrofit it with a touchscreen and avoid the tiny touchpad.
A guide from Instructables member Elgatoandaluz shows you how to create your own trackball using a cardboard case and parts from an optical mouse and a deodorant stick. First, take the top portion off of a standard optical mouse and begin salvaging t...
Here's how to identify every important cable for use with computer monitors.
From FireWire to Bluetooth, and from PATA to PS/2, we have information on all the plugs you need for your hard drives, cameras, phones, input devices, and other peripherals.
I just installed Windows 7 on a Compaq laptop that was previously running Vista. It was a clean install, meaning I wiped the hard drive rather than simply upgrading the OS. (I had my reasons for doing so, but I won't bore you with them here.)
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- Warning: The new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC ports are a disastrous mess
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW