Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for over a year now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent Sandy Bridge architecture...
Building your own PC may seem to be difficult or a waste of time but it has many advantages.
Happy Clean-Your-Keyboard Day! Okay, I made that up, but think about it: when was the last time you did anything with your keyboard besides drop cookie crumbs on it?
Selecting components to build a fast PC for everyday office and multimedia tasks is never an easy undertaking, no matter how well you know your stuff. You have to make a large number of decisions about components, and the longer you take to research ...
This article is the seventh and final in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the sixth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the fifth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the fourth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the third in a series of how-to stories on building a computer. For a video version of part three, click here.
Overclocking refers to pushing your computer components harder and faster than the manufacturer designed them to go. The initial pitch is seductive: Buy a slower, lower-cost CPU; juice up the clock speed; and presto! You have a cheap, high-end proces...
Is your netbook envious of touch-driven devices? You can't turn your netbook into an iPad, but you can retrofit it with a touchscreen and avoid the tiny touchpad.
A guide from Instructables member Elgatoandaluz shows you how to create your own trackball using a cardboard case and parts from an optical mouse and a deodorant stick. First, take the top portion off of a standard optical mouse and begin salvaging t...
Here's how to identify every important cable for use with computer monitors.
From FireWire to Bluetooth, and from PATA to PS/2, we have information on all the plugs you need for your hard drives, cameras, phones, input devices, and other peripherals.
I just installed Windows 7 on a Compaq laptop that was previously running Vista. It was a clean install, meaning I wiped the hard drive rather than simply upgrading the OS. (I had my reasons for doing so, but I won't bore you with them here.)
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistNSW
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer / Systems Engineer (January 2017 Start)QLD
- CCTechnical Consultant Applications & ServersACT
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperWA
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC