Surveillance firm gets hacked... Minecraft on Windows 10... Giant robots to do battle... and more tech news
Line up for IPv4 addresses... HP makes PC/enterprise split official... PayPal to buy money transfer service Xoom... and more tech news
PayPal is acquiring Xoom, an international money transfer service, in a deal that lets PayPal break into a new market worth an estimated $600 billion a year, the companies said Wednesday.
Security flaw pushes OPM web app offline... Oracle can charge Google for Java in Android... Microsoft mapping tech finds its way to Uber... and more tech news
PayPal is fine-tuning its policies after a recently announced plan to make unsolicited prerecorded calls and texts to users drew questions and concerns from customers, regulators and consumer advocates.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has cautioned PayPal that provisions in its new user agreement for contacting customers with autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages could violate federal laws.
Google gets on smart cities bandwagon... eBay, PayPal hit a nerve with robocall provision in use terms... Spotify arms for battle with Apple... and more tech news.
After a backlash from critics, PayPal seems to be reconsidering a plan to give itself unilateral permission to ping its users with robocalls and text messages.
As PayPal prepares for its upcoming IPO as an independent eBay spinoff, it wants to make at least one thing clear: It's got mobile covered.
The US financial consumer protection watchdog has ordered PayPal to cough up US$25 million in fines for deceptive practices around the company's credit service, which included signing up customers for the service without their consent.
Facebook accused of stealing data center plan...States object to Radio Shack sale of personal data...EU to probe e-commerce companies...and more tech news.
PayPal has reached a $7.7 million settlement with the U.S. Treasury for ignoring U.S. sanctions and allowing money transfers to accounts linked to Iran, Cuba, terrorism and weapons of mass destruction.
European legislators are about to reopen a debate on whether Facebook and Twitter should be subject to the same rules as power grids and payment services for protecting critical IT infrastructure and the data it carries.
Google will sell wireless service... PayPal buys Paydiant for mobile payments... Look out, GoPro: here comes Xiaomi... and more tech news.
PayPal has worked to shut down a handful of phishing websites that sought to steal people's login credentials by appearing to be the company's real website, according to a security company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Apple reports second straight quarter of declining iPhone sales
- NTSB: Tesla in fatal crash was speeding with Autopilot on
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT