Surveillance firm gets hacked... Minecraft on Windows 10... Giant robots to do battle... and more tech news
Line up for IPv4 addresses... HP makes PC/enterprise split official... PayPal to buy money transfer service Xoom... and more tech news
PayPal is acquiring Xoom, an international money transfer service, in a deal that lets PayPal break into a new market worth an estimated $600 billion a year, the companies said Wednesday.
Security flaw pushes OPM web app offline... Oracle can charge Google for Java in Android... Microsoft mapping tech finds its way to Uber... and more tech news
PayPal is fine-tuning its policies after a recently announced plan to make unsolicited prerecorded calls and texts to users drew questions and concerns from customers, regulators and consumer advocates.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has cautioned PayPal that provisions in its new user agreement for contacting customers with autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages could violate federal laws.
Google gets on smart cities bandwagon... eBay, PayPal hit a nerve with robocall provision in use terms... Spotify arms for battle with Apple... and more tech news.
After a backlash from critics, PayPal seems to be reconsidering a plan to give itself unilateral permission to ping its users with robocalls and text messages.
As PayPal prepares for its upcoming IPO as an independent eBay spinoff, it wants to make at least one thing clear: It's got mobile covered.
The US financial consumer protection watchdog has ordered PayPal to cough up US$25 million in fines for deceptive practices around the company's credit service, which included signing up customers for the service without their consent.
Facebook accused of stealing data center plan...States object to Radio Shack sale of personal data...EU to probe e-commerce companies...and more tech news.
PayPal has reached a $7.7 million settlement with the U.S. Treasury for ignoring U.S. sanctions and allowing money transfers to accounts linked to Iran, Cuba, terrorism and weapons of mass destruction.
European legislators are about to reopen a debate on whether Facebook and Twitter should be subject to the same rules as power grids and payment services for protecting critical IT infrastructure and the data it carries.
Google will sell wireless service... PayPal buys Paydiant for mobile payments... Look out, GoPro: here comes Xiaomi... and more tech news.
PayPal has worked to shut down a handful of phishing websites that sought to steal people's login credentials by appearing to be the company's real website, according to a security company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- Want to live on Mars with 1M of your closest friends?
- Mozilla tests ad-blocking feature in Firefox
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT