The U.S. Senate has passed legislation intended to rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records, sending the bill to President Barack Obama for his signature.
The U.S. Senate will return early from a week-long recess in a last-ditch effort to extend provisions of the Patriot Act that the National Security Agency have used to collect millions of domestic telephone records over the past nine years.
A long-standing effort to extend privacy protections to email and other data in the cloud got new life Thursday when U.S. lawmakers introduced not one, but two bills to reform the country's electronic privacy laws.
Democrats in the U.S. Congress have wasted no time in resurrecting a debate over net neutrality rules, with lawmakers introducing a bill that would ban paid traffic priority agreements between broadband providers and Web content producers.
The U.S. Senate has voted against a bill that would rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of telephone records within the country, possibly killing any NSA reforms until next year.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior C# .NET Developer (Focus WCF, MVC)VIC
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT