Microsoft's patent cross-licensing juggernaut continues with a new agreement with Lenovo.
He's also asking for 1.5 percent of all future iPhone sales—around $3.5 billion per year.
The success of Samsung's Galaxy S Android phones just became a cash cow for Microsoft, thanks to a patent cross-licensing agreement in which Microsoft gets paid for every Android phone or tablet Samsung sells.
IBM earned more U.S. patents in 2010 than any other company, topping the list of patent winners for the 18th year in a row.
Software patents have figured prominently in the news in recent weeks, thanks not just to Oracle's attack on Google but also--more recently--to Paul Allen's breathtaking multi-victim onslaught.
Microsoft may be on its way to earning a percentage of every Android handset sold, something even Google hasn't accomplished.
Apple has announced it is suing Taiwanese maker of smartphones HTC for infringing on 20 patents.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- CCApplication PackagerVIC