A U.S. appeals court has denied Samsung Electronics' request for a rehearing in a smartphone patent infringement case that awarded rival Apple US$548 million.
An appeals court will hear arguments this week about the U.S. International Trade Commission's decision to block digital transmissions of 3D dental records into the U.S., an import ban that could have a broad impact on other digital goods.
Tech companies including Google, Hewlett-Packard, Dell and Facebook are backing Samsung Electronics as it appeals a court ruling to pay Apple almost US$1 billion in damages in a patent infringement suit.
A federal court in Texas has ordered a new trial on damages in a patent infringement dispute between Apple and Smartflash that could modify an earlier US$533 million damages award to the patent-licensing company.
Microsoft and Kyocera have put an end to a patent spat that began earlier this year by expanding a patent cross-licensing deal between them.
The U.S. Supreme Court has denied a request from Google to hear a case in which it was accused of infringing Oracle copyrights by using Java in its Android mobile operating system.
The U.S. Supreme Court has declined a request by Google to hear a patent case involving the company's Street View service, leaving the company to defend the infringement claims in lower courts.
Samsung Electronics has asked that a full bench of an appeals court should review a damages award in a long-standing patent infringement dispute with arch-rival Apple.
A bill aimed at making it more difficult for so-called patent trolls to file unfair patent-infringement lawsuits has passed in a U.S. House of Representatives committee.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted to approve a bill aimed at curbing abusive lawsuits by so-called patent trolls.
Following up on lawsuits in the U.S., a dispute between Ericsson and Apple over royalty payments has now moved also to Europe.
Google might buy your patents to keep them out of the hands of litigious patent trolls that critics contend are hampering innovation.
Microsoft has lost the latest round in a patent-infringement case that could lead to an import ban on its phones.
Chinese company Ninebot won't be accused of offering knockoff Segways any longer: On Wednesday, the three-year-old startup announced it had acquired Segway.
A decision by a U.S. government agency prohibiting the transmission of 3D dental records into the U.S. could open the door to further content restrictions on the Internet, digital rights groups have said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMACT
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Technical & FunctionalACT
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW