A U.S. appeals court has denied Samsung Electronics' request for a rehearing in a smartphone patent infringement case that awarded rival Apple US$548 million.
An appeals court will hear arguments this week about the U.S. International Trade Commission's decision to block digital transmissions of 3D dental records into the U.S., an import ban that could have a broad impact on other digital goods.
Tech companies including Google, Hewlett-Packard, Dell and Facebook are backing Samsung Electronics as it appeals a court ruling to pay Apple almost US$1 billion in damages in a patent infringement suit.
A federal court in Texas has ordered a new trial on damages in a patent infringement dispute between Apple and Smartflash that could modify an earlier US$533 million damages award to the patent-licensing company.
Microsoft and Kyocera have put an end to a patent spat that began earlier this year by expanding a patent cross-licensing deal between them.
The U.S. Supreme Court has denied a request from Google to hear a case in which it was accused of infringing Oracle copyrights by using Java in its Android mobile operating system.
The U.S. Supreme Court has declined a request by Google to hear a patent case involving the company's Street View service, leaving the company to defend the infringement claims in lower courts.
Samsung Electronics has asked that a full bench of an appeals court should review a damages award in a long-standing patent infringement dispute with arch-rival Apple.
A bill aimed at making it more difficult for so-called patent trolls to file unfair patent-infringement lawsuits has passed in a U.S. House of Representatives committee.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted to approve a bill aimed at curbing abusive lawsuits by so-called patent trolls.
Following up on lawsuits in the U.S., a dispute between Ericsson and Apple over royalty payments has now moved also to Europe.
Google might buy your patents to keep them out of the hands of litigious patent trolls that critics contend are hampering innovation.
Microsoft has lost the latest round in a patent-infringement case that could lead to an import ban on its phones.
Chinese company Ninebot won't be accused of offering knockoff Segways any longer: On Wednesday, the three-year-old startup announced it had acquired Segway.
A decision by a U.S. government agency prohibiting the transmission of 3D dental records into the U.S. could open the door to further content restrictions on the Internet, digital rights groups have said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW