Cisco Systems recently realized that its Unified Communications Domain Manager (Unified CDM) software contains a default privileged account with a static password that cannot be changed, exposing the platform to hacking by remote attackers.
Apple released patches for several exploits that could allow maliciously crafted applications to destroy apps that already exist on devices, access their data or hijack their traffic, but a large number of iOS devices are still vulnerable.
Like visiting a junk yard to find cheap parts for an aging vehicle, researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have come up with a way to fix buggy software by inserting working code from another program.
Just four days after Adobe Systems patched a vulnerability in Flash Player, the exploit was adopted by cybercriminals for use in large-scale attacks. This highlights the increasingly small time frame users have to deploy patches.
Adobe Systems released an emergency security update for Flash Player Tuesday to fix a critical vulnerability that has been exploited by a China-based cyberespionage group.
Many commercial software companies and enterprise in-house developers are churning out applications that are insecure by design due to the rapid and often uncontrolled use of open-source components.
The OpenSSL project has released several patches for moderate flaws, including an additional defense against the Logjam vulnerability revealed last month.
VMware has released security updates for several of its virtualization products in order to address critical vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to break out of virtual machines and execute rogue code on the host operating systems.
Internet Explorer, always heavily scrutinized by both security researchers and online attackers, has once again gotten the majority of patches in this month's Microsoft's Patch Tuesday round of monthly bug fixes.
Adobe Systems fixed 13 security issues in Flash Player that could lead to serious attacks, including remote code execution and information disclosure.
Network-attached storage (NAS) manufacturer Synology fixed several vulnerabilities in its devices' software, one of which could allow attackers to compromise the data stored on them.
Networking device manufacturers ZyXEL Communications and Netgear have confirmed that some of their routers are affected by a recently disclosed vulnerability in a USB device-sharing service called NetUSB.
A vulnerability in Android's default Web browser lets attackers spoof the URL shown in the address bar, allowing for more credible phishing attacks.
You might not be used to the idea of a watch endangering your digital life, but you should: Apple's first update for Watch OS includes 14 security patches, and they're not trivial.
A critical vulnerability in code used by several virtualization platforms can put business information stored in data centers at risk of compromise.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT