It's a busy day for IT administrators and information security professionals. Not only is today Microsoft's Patch Tuesday for the month of April, it is also the day of Adobe's quarterly security updates. In total, there are 40 vulnerabilities being a...
Microsoft and Adobe Tuesday separately delivered a raft of security updates that address vulnerabilities said to impact common user activities such as watching video files or opening PDFs.
Today's post-holiday Patch Tuesday included just one bulletin, which is rated critical only for Windows 2000, but Adobe also released a must-have Reader update.
All told, Microsoft released 74 patches in 2009 and while some months were worse than others (such as October), security experts say the software giant seems to be refining and improving the process of explaining and pushing out patches.
Microsoft today patched 15 vulnerabilities in Windows, Windows Server, Excel and Word, including one that will probably be exploited quickly by hackers. None affect Windows 7, the company's newest operating system.
It was a notable accomplishment when Windows 7 was not impacted in any way by the vulnerabilities addressed in the six Security Bulletins released by Microsoft for the November Patch Tuesday. It would be even more impressive if Windows 7 proved invul...
Yesterday was Microsoft's Patch Tuesday for the month of November. There are 6 new Security Bulletins this month: 3 rated as Critical and 3 rated as Important. Not all Critical Security Bulletins are created equally though. You need to understand the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Foxtel, Village and ISPs yet to agree on the cost of blocking pirate sites
- Why Microsoft won't extend the Windows 10 free upgrade offer
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCCloud Specialist | CHEF | 3mth ContractVIC
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCFront end web developer - JUNE / JULY STARTACT
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCIT Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/J2EE) 160511/AP/522Asia
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia