Facebook is extending its Parse developer tools to the Internet of Things, providing software and services for bringing connectivity to home appliances, fitness trackers and other objects.
Facebook is extending Parse, its suite of back-end software development tools, to create Internet of Things apps for items like smart home appliances and activity trackers.
Push notifications -- those pesky alerts from the apps on your smartphone -- tread a fine line between being useful and annoying. Facebook wants to tip the scales toward the former.
Facebook is not your scrappy startup anymore. It's providing a host of tools for third-party developers aimed at catching bugs swiftly, more toolkit options and lending a big helping hand in app development.
Facebook has laid out big plans in recent months to simplify the app development process by acquiring Parse. But the social network actually had its eye on the cloud service company for years, and at one point the two considered a different partnersh...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Florida man sues Apple for $10 billion for 'stealing' his iPhone invention from 1992
- 5 hidden iOS 10 features that are instant game changers
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT