It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
The prevalence with which hackers are handing out headaches to IT security pros will have a big upside for vendors in the coming year, according to new figures from Canalys.
The frequency of attacks that distribute fake antivirus software, a long-time pillar of the underground economy, has decreased considerably in recent months. However, security researchers warn that the industry is not yet dead and new versions of att...
The Chinese man jailed for writing the 'Fujacks' worm in 2006 appears to be trying to rehabilitate his public image, reportedly making made a donation to a panda research centre in the country.
Panda Cloud Antivirus is a unique entry in the free antivirus race. Most free antivirus products still rely on signature updates to detect new malware, but Panda's program instead uses fresh data about malware direct from Panda's servers. As a result...
Microsoft should start offering Windows users free antivirus software from a range of companies and not just promote its own Security Essentials product, a rival has said.
Microsoft has offered free protection with Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) for some time, and it recently expanded the availability of the antivirus protection for small businesses. A recent move to push out Microsoft Security Essentials to Windo...
Attacks on the Mac are now significant enough to warrant Apple users investing in an anti-virus product, security company Panda Security said as it launched a new product that offers such protection.
Everyone knows that the Mac OS X operating system is just inherently secure. Any Apple loyalist will gladly explain to you everything that is wrong with Microsoft Windows, and how happy they are with not having to worry about malware and exploits on ...
The self-styled campaigners who launched DDoS attacks on a range of prominent copyright and anti-piracy organisations last week has threatened further attacks in an interview with security company, Panda Security.
A third of US SMEs claim to have experienced malware or virus infection as a result of staff using social media websites, Panda Security's first Social Media Risk Index survey has found.
Hackers create 57,000 new web pages every week in a bid to infect web users with malicious software, says PandaLabs.
Hard on the heels of a report that a USB drive was used to compromise U.S. military networks in 2008, a security company today claimed that 25% of all new worms are designed to spread through the portable storage devices.
Panda Security researchers solved the mystery of the 32-character code in the inner gold ring of U.S. Cyber Command's logo.
The use of Tabnapping, the recently-identified phishing technique, is on the rise, says Panda Labs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant - Telecommunications and NetworksSA
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia