Free scurity software Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.0 delivers great results, though it's a little slow
Panda Internet Security 2010 has good extras, but falls short
It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
The prevalence with which hackers are handing out headaches to IT security pros will have a big upside for vendors in the coming year, according to new figures from Canalys.
The frequency of attacks that distribute fake antivirus software, a long-time pillar of the underground economy, has decreased considerably in recent months. However, security researchers warn that the industry is not yet dead and new versions of att...
The Chinese man jailed for writing the 'Fujacks' worm in 2006 appears to be trying to rehabilitate his public image, reportedly making made a donation to a panda research centre in the country.
Panda Cloud Antivirus is a unique entry in the free antivirus race. Most free antivirus products still rely on signature updates to detect new malware, but Panda's program instead uses fresh data about malware direct from Panda's servers. As a result...
Depending on whom you ask, paying for antivirus software is either a good investment or a total ripoff. In reality, neither viewpoint is accurate. You can find plenty of good reasons to choose a paid antivirus product, and plenty of good reasons to ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW