Longtime Tesla battery partner, Panasonic, said it will spend up to $US1.6 billion on the lithium-ion battery Gigafactory in the hopes it can cement its future in automotive electronics.
In another sign of the living spaces of elderly Japanese going hi-tech, seniors in Osaka are undergoing an Internet of Things (IoT) experiment involving cloud-connected air conditioners and motion sensors.
Sony's push to get enterprise users to store data on optical discs has received added momentum with its acquisition of a Facebook-linked startup focused on optical storage.
Panasonic's 2015 range of LED LCD televisions features over 20 new models that span across eight different series, but four of those series, and indeed 60 per cent of the entire range (11 models), is composed of 4K, Ultra High Definition models.
Panasonic is contributing some of its own software and patents to the cause of making the Internet of Things work.
Panasonic's Toughbooks are known for their strength and durability, but the company is trying to resolve some of the heft and size issues with its latest model.
High-res cameras that bring out the faintest details in images are turning heads at this year's CP+ Camera & Photo Imaging Show in Yokohama, Japan.
Tired of carting around that power cord? Have patience, the 24-hour laptop is almost here.
Panasonic has entered the robot vacuum market with a pricey wedge-shaped droid that gets deep into corners.
CES 2015 might go down as the moment when TVs became more complicated than they should be.
As utopias go, Panasonic's new smart town works if you're keen to be green and don't mind a heavy corporate presence.
Panasonic has vastly expanded a recall of lithium-ion batteries at risk of overheating that affects ruggedized Toughbook tablets as well as notebook computers.
If you're worried about a loved one languishing in an assisted living home, Panasonic has a tablet service to keep you connected.
Power-sipping wearable devices could become smaller with a new rechargeable battery from Panasonic.
You'd be forgiven for thinking Panasonic's latest gadget is a smartphone. It's a slim rectangle with a touchscreen and LTE connectivity.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC