Longtime Tesla battery partner, Panasonic, said it will spend up to $US1.6 billion on the lithium-ion battery Gigafactory in the hopes it can cement its future in automotive electronics.
In another sign of the living spaces of elderly Japanese going hi-tech, seniors in Osaka are undergoing an Internet of Things (IoT) experiment involving cloud-connected air conditioners and motion sensors.
Sony's push to get enterprise users to store data on optical discs has received added momentum with its acquisition of a Facebook-linked startup focused on optical storage.
Panasonic's 2015 range of LED LCD televisions features over 20 new models that span across eight different series, but four of those series, and indeed 60 per cent of the entire range (11 models), is composed of 4K, Ultra High Definition models.
Panasonic is contributing some of its own software and patents to the cause of making the Internet of Things work.
Panasonic's Toughbooks are known for their strength and durability, but the company is trying to resolve some of the heft and size issues with its latest model.
High-res cameras that bring out the faintest details in images are turning heads at this year's CP+ Camera & Photo Imaging Show in Yokohama, Japan.
Tired of carting around that power cord? Have patience, the 24-hour laptop is almost here.
Panasonic has entered the robot vacuum market with a pricey wedge-shaped droid that gets deep into corners.
CES 2015 might go down as the moment when TVs became more complicated than they should be.
As utopias go, Panasonic's new smart town works if you're keen to be green and don't mind a heavy corporate presence.
Panasonic has vastly expanded a recall of lithium-ion batteries at risk of overheating that affects ruggedized Toughbook tablets as well as notebook computers.
If you're worried about a loved one languishing in an assisted living home, Panasonic has a tablet service to keep you connected.
Power-sipping wearable devices could become smaller with a new rechargeable battery from Panasonic.
You'd be forgiven for thinking Panasonic's latest gadget is a smartphone. It's a slim rectangle with a touchscreen and LTE connectivity.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Nikola Motor unveils its hydrogen fuel cell 18-wheeler
- How to fix a limited connectivity problem on a Windows 7 PC
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Lenovo promises 12 new Moto Mod add-ons per year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCTechnical Security LeadNSW
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramNSW
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCIngres DeveloperQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerSA