Longtime Tesla battery partner, Panasonic, said it will spend up to $US1.6 billion on the lithium-ion battery Gigafactory in the hopes it can cement its future in automotive electronics.
In another sign of the living spaces of elderly Japanese going hi-tech, seniors in Osaka are undergoing an Internet of Things (IoT) experiment involving cloud-connected air conditioners and motion sensors.
Sony's push to get enterprise users to store data on optical discs has received added momentum with its acquisition of a Facebook-linked startup focused on optical storage.
Panasonic's 2015 range of LED LCD televisions features over 20 new models that span across eight different series, but four of those series, and indeed 60 per cent of the entire range (11 models), is composed of 4K, Ultra High Definition models.
Panasonic is contributing some of its own software and patents to the cause of making the Internet of Things work.
Panasonic's Toughbooks are known for their strength and durability, but the company is trying to resolve some of the heft and size issues with its latest model.
High-res cameras that bring out the faintest details in images are turning heads at this year's CP+ Camera & Photo Imaging Show in Yokohama, Japan.
Tired of carting around that power cord? Have patience, the 24-hour laptop is almost here.
Panasonic has entered the robot vacuum market with a pricey wedge-shaped droid that gets deep into corners.
CES 2015 might go down as the moment when TVs became more complicated than they should be.
As utopias go, Panasonic's new smart town works if you're keen to be green and don't mind a heavy corporate presence.
Panasonic has vastly expanded a recall of lithium-ion batteries at risk of overheating that affects ruggedized Toughbook tablets as well as notebook computers.
If you're worried about a loved one languishing in an assisted living home, Panasonic has a tablet service to keep you connected.
Power-sipping wearable devices could become smaller with a new rechargeable battery from Panasonic.
You'd be forgiven for thinking Panasonic's latest gadget is a smartphone. It's a slim rectangle with a touchscreen and LTE connectivity.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCProject Manager - DeliveryNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD