Palm's new CEO on Thursday said he thinks the smartphone market is growing fast enough that multiple handset makers can thrive, and he also hinted at updates to come for the new Pre phones.
Palm's answer to the much-celebrated Apple iPhone, the Palm Pre, was released on June 6 via a partnership with Sprint. But it still remains to be seen when a software development kit will be generally available to leverage capabilities in the device.
A debate is heating up over Apple Inc.'s apparent threat to kill the iTunes sync feature on the new Palm Pre and other non-Apple digital media players.
Palm Inc. has "politely" cautioned a developer forum not to allow online discussions of tethering with the new Palm Pre.
Palm Inc. needs money to survive. Dell Inc. needs a handset business to compete. I think Dell should acquire Palm immediately. The union would benefit both companies, as well as investors, the industry and, most of all, users.
Just as the newest chapter in the storied history of Palm unfolds, the last remaining company founder is moving on.
Most people who hunted down a Palm Pre on Saturday want to actually use the thing, but Rapid Repair and iFixit immediately took the new smartphone apart to find out what's inside.
Not content to merely fiddle around with the Palm Pre's operating system and software, the electronics repair specialists at Rapid Repair opened up the Pre and dissected its guts.
Someone at Palm should probably be kicking themselves: The first reviews of its much-hyped Palm Pre aren't bad, but they are not incredibly good, either. This sets a pretty low bar for what coming competitors must achieve to appear more advanced than...
It's T-minus two days until the Palm Pre will hit the stores in the U.S. (with the adequate shortages) and the highly anticipated device already found its way onto a sleeve of reviewer's hands, including our own Ginny Mies.
It will be interesting to see how Apple reacts to news that Palm's Pre knows how to interact with iTunes. While not a business feature, iTunes support would make buying or switching to the Pre much easier for millions of the iTunes faithful.
For those eager to get your hands on the Palm Pre but are cautious about straying from the almighty iPhone, here's some good news: According to reports, the Pre seamlessly syncs with iTunes. The one problem is that it cannot handle copy-protected so...
A flurry of new, much more specific, details are emerging on the Web about the rumored second webOS phone from Palm.
Palm is upping its game with a new budget phone rumored to launch this fall on AT&T. Deemed to be another iPhone rival with a smaller price tag, the Palm Eos (or Pixie/Castle) sports a size 0 silhouette in a candy-bar form factor with a non-slideout ...
Palm has yet to announce a launch date for its much-anticipated Pre smart phone, but the blogosphere rumor mill is expecting a mid-May debut. If true, Palm's competitors are running out of time to develop counterattack strategies to persuade current ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC