Large music licensing services should have more freedom to negotiate rates paid by streaming music services, radio stations and commercial establishments where music is played, industry executives told U.S. lawmakers.
A long-standing effort to extend privacy protections to email and other data in the cloud got new life Thursday when U.S. lawmakers introduced not one, but two bills to reform the country's electronic privacy laws.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should abandon its efforts to pass net neutrality rules because new regulations would hurt investment and the deployment of broadband, a parade of Republican senators and advocates said Wednesday.
Two U.S. senators want to prohibit companies from sharing students' personal data when advertising their products or services and require that organizations holding student data put data security safeguards in place.
The proposed US$45.2 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable by Comcast would give the company huge market power to determine broadband prices and Internet content, a group of U.S. senators said Wednesday.
Senator Patrick Leahy questioned how the Constitution allows the National Security Agency's bulk collection of U.S. telephone records and repeated his calls for President Barack Obama's administration to end the program during a hearing Wednesday.
Officials at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services ignored multiple auditor reports warning them of potential problems at insurance-shopping website HealthCare.gov before the site's launch Oct. 1, one Republican senator said Wednesday.
New legislation introduced by a bipartisan group of 10 U.S. senators would nearly double the number of H-1B visas that companies can get each year to hire foreign high-skill workers, including technology employees.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FT.Net Junior DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP HR & Payroll consultant - July STARTACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCService Desk OperatorACT