Netflix moved some of its most crucial IT operations over to Amazon Web Services' Elastic Compute Cloud in order to save money and gain flexibility compared to using more Oracle software and IBM iron.
A jury has awarded Oracle US$1.3 billion in damages in its corporate theft lawsuit against SAP, a blow to the German applications vendor, which had argued it should pay no more than $40 million for the software stolen by its TomorrowNow subsidiary.
A jury has awarded Oracle US$1.3 billion in damages in its corporate theft lawsuit against SAP, a blow to the German applications vendor, which had argued it should pay just $40 million for the software stolen by its TomorrowNow subsidiary.
An Oracle official detailed on Tuesday the submissions of upcoming Java releases to the formal specification process, including versions 7 and 8 of Java's standard edition.
An Oracle lawsuit filed last week could serve as a cautionary message to hardware partners that wish to do business with the vendor: Secure your buildings.
Verizon Business today announced a hosted service to help customers develop and deploy applications such as CRM software across multiple devices such as the iPhone, Symbian, Windows Phone 7 and, soon, Android.
Oracle is weeks away from moving thousands of Sun Microsystems customers over to its My Oracle Support portal, a relatively new system that experienced significant hiccups and negative user feedback during its early days.
EMC will buy network-attached storage (NAS) vendor, Isilon Systems, for about $US2.25 billion. Both companies' boards have approved the deal, which is expected to be finalized later this year.
Security experts are split over whether Apple's decision to hand over Java to an Oracle-backed open-source project is a good deal for Mac users.
Seemingly anxious to get the next version of the Java programming language ratified, Oracle has asked the Apache Software Foundation to reconsider its stance on the proposed Java Standard Edition 7.
Oracle on Monday released Solaris 11 Express, a version of the Unix operating system that is aimed at developers and also serves as a preview for the upcoming release of Solaris 11 next year.
The Oracle-SAP trial ended its second week with some tense exchanges over how much SAP should pay in damages for the software theft committed by its TomorrowNow subsidiary.
A group of cloud providers blamed traditional hardware and software companies for their role in discouraging cloud adoption, pointing fingers at Oracle's Mark Hurd, who spoke earlier here.
Some people speculated that Mark Hurd joined Oracle to get back at his former employer, Hewlett-Packard, but on Thursday he described other reasons for taking the job.
Apple said Friday it would join Oracle's OpenJDK and contribute "most of the key components, tools and technology required for a Java SE 7 implementation on Mac OS X."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google cloud platform can now be managed from a phone
- IBM to pump US$3 billion into new IoT business unit
- EFF questions US government's software flaw disclosure policy
- Seagate Seven portable hard drive (500GB)
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW