It's been just over half a year since Oracle completed its US$5.3 billion acquisition of Micros, and on Wednesday the company added several new services to the retail-focused technologies it gained through that deal.
Now that many enterprises are seeing value in Big Data analysis, it may be time for their database administrators and data warehouse managers to get involved.
It's a common theme that spans functional areas within the organization: data remains stuck in silos, making it all but impossible for decision-makers to get a glimpse at the big picture. Zeroing in on marketers' experience of this problem, Oracle on...
One size no longer fits all for enterprise software, Oracle has found. The company has customized its project management software to meet specific requirements of clients in government, financial services and the construction business.
Oracle expects to generate more than US$1 billion in new SaaS and PaaS business in 2015, putting it toe-to-toe in the cloud market with Salesforce.com, Oracle's top executives said Tuesday.
Oracle this week is launching three new services, applying cloud technology to help organizations use big data to market their products and services more effectively.
Spy agencies may have your phone’s encryption keys ... Re-engineering 4G for IoT... Hackers are still lurking in U.S. State Department network ... and more tech news.
One of the core challenges in any big-data effort is combining data from multiple sources and turning it into something useful.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should launch an investigation into the growing consolidation of big data analytics firms and digital marketing companies, a coalition of four privacy groups said Friday.
Oracle has released an update to its Oracle Service Cloud that adds new tools to give companies more insight about their customers.
Oracle and Samsung Electronics have reportedly forged a new partnership through which they will work together to deliver mobile cloud services.
Ford drives into the Valley ... Oracle promises cheaper hardware ... Samsung-Blackberry deal still in play ... and more
Larry Ellison has opened a new front in his battle with Cisco Systems and EMC, launching new Oracle hardware on Wednesday that he claims will be the cheapest on the market.
Oracle released new security updates for Java to fix 19 vulnerabilities and disable default support for SSL 3.0, an outdated version of the secure communications protocol that is vulnerable to attacks.
Big day for Windows 10 ... Ellison's on stage for data center unveiling ... Net neutrality gets more presidential firepower ... and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb LB130 review: An inexpensive color option
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Manager - AgileWA
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCWorkplace Design LeadNSW
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager- Procurement & Government BackgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- FTGeneral Manager - Software Development & ITVIC
- CCJava Developer - CQ5VIC
- CCTesting Business Analyst (Gold Coast based)QLD
- CCFront End Developer with Django or Rails exp.NSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- CCTechnical Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCICT Service Desk AnalystSA
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- FTIntermediate Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCSenior System EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW