A potentially damning e-mail from a Google engineer will be permitted at trial in Oracle's lawsuit against the search giant, a judge ordered on Thursday.
Google's chief legal officer today accused rivals Microsoft, Oracle and Apple of "a hostile, organized campaign against Android ... waged through bogus patents."
Google's chief legal officer Wednesday issued a stinging rebuke of what he called "bogus patent" attacks on the Android operating system by major competitors like Apple, Oracle and Microsoft.
Even Apple is climbing on the Windows 7 bandwagon.
Google wants a judge to throw out Java copyright infringement claims Oracle has lodged against the Android mobile OS, based partly on 17-year-old testimony from an unlikely source: Google executive chairman and former CEO Eric Schmidt.
Version 3.4.2 of the open-source LibreOffice suite is now available and "enterprise-ready," project backers The Document Foundation announced Monday.
The judge overseeing the lawsuit Oracle filed over the Android mobile OS has denied Google's attempt to get a potentially damaging e-mail redacted.
Google wants the judge overseeing the lawsuit Oracle filed over the Android mobile OS to redact a potentially damaging e-mail written by a Google employee, saying it was supposed to remain confidential and that Oracle wrongly revealed it.
In what is the first major update to the programming language in more than five years, Oracle has shipped Java Platform Standard Edition 7 (Java SE 7), the company announced Thursday.
Oracle is buying knowledge management vendor InQuira in order to improve the capabilities of its Fusion and Siebel CRM (customer relationship management) applications, Oracle announced Thursday.
SAP has seen software sales rebound steadily after a dip during the global recession, and is hoping to supercharge its business with forays into in-memory computing, SaaS (software as a service) and mobile applications, a business it entered with las...
Oracle on Monday announced a sneak peak at features slated for MySQL 5.6, the next version of its open-source database, that focus on improved scalability, integration and performance.
Oracle has been ordered to lower its multibillion-dollar claim for damages in its patent infringement lawsuit against Google and its Android operating system, court papers show.
Bucking standard conventions in software versioning, Linux Torvalds has designated the new release of the Linux operating system kernel, posted Friday, as version 3.0, even while maintaining that the release is only a routine update.
Oracle may depose Google CEO Larry Page and two others in connection with its lawsuit accusing Google of patent infringement in its Android operating system, a magistrate in California ordered on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- The so-called Universal Stylus Initiative launches without the three biggest players
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube get in on presidential debates
- More than half of PCs don't have Windows 10 AU yet, and no one's quite sure why
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW