Salesforce.com has come a long way from its beginnings as an on-demand CRM (customer relationship management) vendor.
A new liberal advocacy group has targeted Apple as a tax "cheater" for its leadership in a coalition calling for Congress to allow U.S. companies to return foreign earnings to the country at a greatly reduced tax rate.
Oracle suddenly <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/060111-oracle-submits-openofficeorg-codebase-to.html">announced Wednesday it was submitting</a> the codebase for OpenOffice.org to the Apache Software Foundation, ending speculation about...
Oracle is submitting the codebase for OpenOffice.org to the Apache Software Foundation, where the productivity suite will live on in the group's incubator program for open-source software initiatives, Oracle announced Wednesday.
Oracle has fired back against a New Jersey university's claim it is responsible for a problematic ERP (enterprise resource planning) software project, saying school officials have embarked on a "scorched earth" litigation campaign in order to cover u...
For the first time, companies around the world are planning to spend as much on new software projects as they do maintaining existing systems, according to a new report from Forrester Research.
1. Rumors of its demise have been greatly exaggerated. Open-source advocates feared that Oracle, which gained ownership of the open-source MySQL database through its acquisition of Sun Microsystems, would choke off its development in order to protect...
One in every 20 Windows PCs whose users turned to Microsoft for cleanup help were infected with malware, Microsoft said this week.
Good news trickled in this week for the hardware sector, plagued by a slump in the traditional PC market, as Gartner reported that server sales rose during the first quarter and Lenovo proved that there is demand for PCs in emerging markets.
The federal judge overseeing the Java patent litigation between Oracle and Google has said it might be necessary to delay a trial until U.S. authorities finish re-examining a number of Oracle's patents, a process that could take years.
Oracle logged a small milestone in its Sun acquisition during the first quarter, expanding sales of Sun's server hardware for the first time in three-and-a-half years, IDC reported Tuesday.
Salesforce.com is expanding its presence in Japan with a series of new investments and partnerships, the on-demand software vendor announced Tuesday.
Oracle's database is now available for deployment on Amazon Web Services, the companies announced Tuesday, but with some key limitations.
As midyear approaches, Oracle has made only two small acquisitions. This is out of character for a vendor that has made buying other companies a core growth strategy, doing as many as 13 deals each year since 2005, for a total of roughly 70 since the...
Montclair State University is suing Oracle over an allegedly botched ERP (enterprise resource planning) software project, saying a series of missteps and delays could ultimately cost the school some US$20 million more than originally planned, accordi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z3 review: The no-frills flagship
- 2 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 4 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 5 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- MIT unifies Web development in a single, speedy new language
- Google, Microsoft, Sony make 'The Interview' available online
- Experts: FCC will adopt net neutrality rules in early 2015
- Romanian version of EU cybersecurity directive allows warrantless access to data
- Rackspace DNS recovers after DDoS brings system down
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.