The average company has about 70 different types of third-party code on its website but is aware of only about a third of them. The rest are hidden in services like ad networks, widgets and analytics tools, and they can bog down performance, threaten...
The administration of President Barack Obama sided with Oracle in a dispute with Google on whether APIs, the specifications that let programs communicate with each other, are copyrightable.
Java's success in remaining relevant on the ever-changing landscape of software development has been its relative simplicity.
Google's prototype cars are hitting the road...smartphone upstarts put on the pressure...Reddit rules draw backlash...and more tech news.
The rise of Hadoop has created new oceans of data to explore, and Oracle has a new software product that's designed to help. Called Oracle Big Data Spatial and Graph, it brings new analytic capabilities to Hadoop and NoSQL.
Simplicity is an oft-cited goal in the world of enterprise software, but by most accounts, it's rarely achieved. Percolate is hoping to change that, at least for marketing professionals.
Oracle shrugs off Salesforce rumors...House OKs plan to stop NSA phone dragnet...why Ford's CEO is wary of Apple and Google
Oracle will probably come out ahead if one of its rivals buys Salesforce.com, because it would turn Oracle's superior focus into an even greater advantage, according to Co-CEO Safra Catz.
Salesforce in play? It'll be a big deal...Secret is out -- of the apps business...Microsoft opens up even more at Build...and more tech news.
What to expect at Microsoft Build...Oracle faces antitrust probe in South Korea...IBM makes quantum computing progress...and more tech news.
In the past, South Korea's antitrust body has trained its sights on the likes of Google and Qualcomm. Now, Oracle is the latest to draw the agency's ire, resulting in an investigation of the database giant for potentially anticompetitive behavior.
WikiLeaks publishes stolen Sony info... IBM opens up threat data... China suspends rule on foreign IT vendors... and more tech news
Oracle released patches for a total of 98 security issues across a wide range of products, including 14 in Java. This marks the last free patch for Java 7, users being encouraged to upgrade to version 8.
It's been just over half a year since Oracle completed its US$5.3 billion acquisition of Micros, and on Wednesday the company added several new services to the retail-focused technologies it gained through that deal.
Now that many enterprises are seeing value in Big Data analysis, it may be time for their database administrators and data warehouse managers to get involved.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Developers getting more help with heterogenous processors
- LogMeIn buying password manager LastPass
- Wi-Fi Alliance reaches for peace over unlicensed LTE
- Why Continuum could draw customers from Apple and Android to Windows 10 mobile
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW