Vodafone is apologising to customers for nationwide mobile network outages by offering unlimited data usage within Australia from midnight Friday, June 20, to 3:00am on Monday, June 23 (AEST).
Optus has signed yet another smartphone exclusively with the LG F70 following the carrier’s recent deal with HTC.
Prevalent throughout the Desire 816 is the sense HTC is trying to push its dollar - and not the technology - as far as possible. This is a value-for-money smartphone designed for the masses, but at no stage does the smartphone feel cheap.
Australian telecommunications giant, Telstra, has hit network speeds of 450 megabits per second (Mbps) by coupling the 1800MHz and 2600MHz bands on LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation.
Optus has partnered with Google to integrate a direct carrier billing model within the Google Play store.
Sony's answer to the Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One (M8) has quietly arrived. The company announced its Xperia Z2 will go on sale with the big three Australian carriers.
Samsung will hold an Australian launch event for its upcoming Galaxy S5 flagship on the 26 of March. Official invites issued to Australian press indicate Australia could be one of the first countries to launch the smartphone two weeks later.
Optus has reported that its Sydney- and Newcastle-based live network test sites recorded an aggregate throughput maximum of 2.3 gigabits per second (Gbps).
Samsung has finally revealed its Galaxy S5 and we’re pleased to report the flagship represents a significant upgrade over its Galaxy S4 predecessor. Samsung isn’t wasting any time saying it will roll out the phone in almost 100 markets. Here you will...
Telecommunications provider, Vodafone, has switched on its 4G network in Canberra, more than eight months after its initial Australian launch in July last year.
Telecommunications giant, Optus, has wrapped up its five-year 3G network upgrade program, having moved 4400 mobile sites across Australia to the 900MHz spectrum.
SingTel is sticking its proverbial toe in the vast content aggregator lake with the launch of its NewsLoop app.
Research firm, Analysys Mason, claims LTE in 2014 “will make the spectrum-rich richer, and the spectrum-poor just a little better off” as more operators will deploy LTE-A carrier aggregation (CA) which benefits those with multiple spectrum positions;...
Electronics retailer, Dick Smith, will be giving away $30 of Globalgig credit with any SIM-enabled tablet purchased between December 5, 2013, and January 31, 2014.
Telecommunications provider, Optus, is poised to begin a trial of a premium home wireless broadband product in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane which promises ADSL2+ speed to all homes and small businesses.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 review: An HD webcam for the cost-conscious
- Microsoft LifeCam Studio review: A hi-def webcam for business or pleasure
- Logitech C615 HD review: This camera hits the sweet spot between features and price
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystSA
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCSupport OfficerSA