Optus has commercially launched LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide using two 20MHz allotments of its 2300MHz spectrum.
Hundreds of people lined the sidewalks stretching from Apple’s George street store all the way towards Darling Harbour in the hope of getting an iPhone 6 today.
"Huge" demand for Apple’s iPhone 6 could lead to a month wait after strong online sales caused the websites of Telstra, Vodafone, Optus and Apple to crash.
Optus is offering customers who cancel their current contract and sign with them up to $450 credit.
Vodafone pulled the plug on its bid for a chunk of the 700MHz spectrum in 2012, and is now re-allocating its existing 850MHz spectrum to compete with Telstra and Optus, both of which launched their respective 700MHz networks to limited locations earl...
BenQ is in talks with Telstra, Optus and Vodafone to stock its range of smartphones following its debut of the Kogan Agora 4G smartphone.
Asus is working with Australian telcos to re-enter the local smartphone market by next year. The Taiwanese company plans on bringing its ZenFone range to Australian carriers and retailers, while also increasing its range of Intel-powered tablets and ...
Dick Smith has entered the direct post-paid mobile market through a new partnership with Vodafone, and has confirmed it is holding talks with both Telstra and Optus.
Vodafone and Optus’ mobile networks took a blow on Thursday, June 19, with the telecommunications providers confirming mobile network outages throughout the day, while Telstra experienced ADSL service disruptions.
Vodafone is apologising to customers for nationwide mobile network outages by offering unlimited data usage within Australia from midnight Friday, June 20, to 3:00am on Monday, June 23 (AEST).
Optus has signed yet another smartphone exclusively with the LG F70 following the carrier’s recent deal with HTC.
Prevalent throughout the Desire 816 is the sense HTC is trying to push its dollar - and not the technology - as far as possible. This is a value-for-money smartphone designed for the masses, but at no stage does the smartphone feel cheap.
Australian telecommunications giant, Telstra, has hit network speeds of 450 megabits per second (Mbps) by coupling the 1800MHz and 2600MHz bands on LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation.
Optus has partnered with Google to integrate a direct carrier billing model within the Google Play store.
Sony's answer to the Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One (M8) has quietly arrived. The company announced its Xperia Z2 will go on sale with the big three Australian carriers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia