Anticipation for the next generation of Apple’s iPhones has reached fever pitch. Pre-sales for the smartphones opened over the weekend, with the range going on sale in stores stores soon on 25 September. Australia’s four largest carriers have announ...
LG’s flagship G4 has gone on sale with carriers and retailers offering freebies to anyone who places an order.
Telstra today launched smartphone plans that pool the available data allowance and share it with members of the family. These ‘Go Mobile’ plans follow the release of ‘Family Sharing’ plans introduced by Optus last month. Here, you’ll find a compariso...
This article will serve as a cheat sheet to the plans on offer from Vodafone, Optus, Virgin and Telstra. It studies both the Hero plans and the cheapest plans being championed by all four telcos. We crunch the numbers on handset instalments, charges ...
How do Globalgig’s mobile broadband plans compare against Optus, Telstra, and Vodafone roaming plans?
Mobile data provider, Globalgig, now has high-speed, 4G plans available for use in Australia and the UK, and has expanded its regular 3G coverage to more places around the globe (up to 84 countries). It’s a service that’s useful if you’re a traveller...
Theoretical data speeds are all the hype these days. Shop staff are quick to cite them, but the truth is the Internet speed your smartphone will get will depend on a number of factors unique to your home.
Apple’s iPad Mini 3 scored an upgrade last week with the addition of Touch ID. Head into an Optus, Vodafone or Telstra store and you’ll spot the new tablet on sale. Good Gear Guide has crunched the numbers on the plans from Australia’s three largest ...
Apple’s second generation iPad Air and third-gen iPad Mini have gone on sale at Vodafone, Telstra and Optus. Good Gear Guide has crunched the numbers on the plans from Australia’s three largest telcos to find out which offers the best value for mone...
Pricing for Apple’s iPhone 6 and 6 Plus has been revealed ahead of the smartphones’ 19 September release. Picking the right plan can be confusing, which is why we’ve compiled this cheat sheet to help qualify the plans from Telstra, Vodafone, Optus an...
Updated: Sales for Apple’s iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have gone live with the big carriers finally announcing pricing. Incentives in the form of credits and extras are being offered to lure customers. Find out which plan best suits your needs here with this...
Samsung's new Galaxy Note 3 is the company's third-generation Note smartphone, and it's set to be released on Thursday, 3 October in Australia. We've just got our hands on a review unit for a first look!
Apple's new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c smartphones will be launched in Australia on Friday, 20 September. To aid your buying decision, we've rounded up all pricing and plan details from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone.
Apple has unveiled two new iPhones, but there were no real surprises: the iPhone 5s replaces last year's iPhone 5, and the iPhone 5c is a colourful new option with an all-plastic case. We've got all the Australian details you need to know for both ne...
Nokia has just announced the Australian release of its new flagship Lumia 1020 smartphone. We've had the chance to use the device for the last few days, so is the camera really that good? Let's take a look.
Nokia's new Lumia 925 Windows Phone hits Australia at the end of this month, and we've just been handed a review unit. Can it breathe life into the struggling Windows Phone operating system in Australia? We've taken a quick first look to find out.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW