Nero, makers of optical media-burning software, has announced a new version of its SecurDisc data- protection technology, which should increase your chances of recovering content from damaged CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray Discs.
A home electronics retail store has filed a class-action lawsuit against Sony Corp., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Toshiba Corp., LG Electronics Inc., Hitachi Ltd. and several subsidiaries, accusing the electronics manufacturers of colluding to fix p...
The U.S. Department of Justice has requested information from Sony regarding its optical disc drive business in what could be the start of an investigation into the industry.
TDK has developed a prototype optical disc that can hold up to 320GB of information -- that's more than six times the current highest-capacity media available.
A team of researchers from an Australian university has developed a new DVD technology that could someday boost disc capacity by 10,000 times beyond today's standard 4.7GB DVDs, according to a study published in the journal <i>Nature</i>.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- CCSSIS DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD