Microsoft is struggling to explain its requirement for Windows 8.1 customers to update to the latest version of the OS in order to receive bug and security patches.
Microsoft is giving Windows 8.1 consumer users another 30 days to adopt the latest version of the OS before it cuts them off from receiving security updates.
Oracle and Comcast are locked in a legal tussle related to Oracle's intellectual-property lawsuit against Solaris OS support providers Terix and Maintech.
If you want to get documents, photos, songs and other data neatly organized on your Lumia smartphone, Microsoft is developing a file manager tool for Windows Phone 8.1, the next version of the mobile OS currently available as a pre-release developer ...
Hewlett-Packard is eyeing 2015 for the release of its first Nonstop systems based on x86 server hardware, a company official said this week.
Oracle has gotten cloud religion.
An independent Solaris OS support provider has countersued Oracle for unfair competition and violation of U.S. antitrust laws.
Apple exposed iOS users to security threats by taking three weeks longer to patch the same vulnerabilities in the mobile OS that it previously fixed in Safari on OS X, a former Apple security engineer said.
Microsoft may have retired Windows XP, but one of China's leading security vendors is trying to keep the OS threat-free, and rolling out protection software to hundreds of millions of users in the nation.
Red Hat is looking to advance the Docker Linux container application for wider enterprise use.
As organizations move in-house systems to the cloud, Canonical wants them to consider switching their OSes as well.
The looming threat of running an unsupported OS wasn't enough to save PC shipments from continuing their slide in the first quarter.
This month's "Patch Tuesday" includes the final round of security fixes Microsoft will issue for Windows XP, potentially leaving millions that continue to use the OS open to attack.
Microsoft is due to deliver the much-awaited update to Windows 8.1, and with it comes a packed goody bag of treats for laptop and PC users.
When Microsoft ends support for Windows XP on Tuesday, a security sinkhole will likely open and gradually widen, threatening hundreds of millions of PCs worldwide in homes, companies, government agencies and schools.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- IBM to pump $3 billion into new IoT business unit
- EFF questions US government's software flaw disclosure policy
- Seagate Seven portable hard drive (500GB)
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
- With Tidal relaunch, Jay Z doubles down on streaming for audiophiles
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW