Microsoft's Windows Server 2003 has its Windows XP moment coming very soon, and that's bad news for IT leaders who have been dragging their feet.
Windows 10 inched closer to its public release Thursday when Microsoft released build 10166 of its upcoming operating system to early adopters in the Windows Insider Program.
It has been quite a week for Windows 10. In the past four days, Microsoft has released three preview builds of its upcoming operating system, and the company plans to keep serving up hot new bits to testers in rapid-fire style in the run-up to the OS...
Microsoft has confirmed that it would roll out the free upgrades to Windows 10 later this month in several "waves," with beta testers getting first dibs on the OS.
Microsoft gave early testers of Windows 10 a little surprise in the run-up to the Fourth of July holiday in the U.S. by releasing a yet another new build of its upcoming operating system to the public.
With the launch of Windows 10, anyone who walks into your house and gets your Wi-Fi password for their PC could potentially let all their friends onto your network, thanks to a new feature that has ignited controversy online.
Microsoft has added a handful of image- and photography-related features in a new version of the Windows 10 SDK. It, along with the OS itself, will become generally available at the end of the month.
Microsoft surprised testers of Windows 10 on Tuesday by launching another build of its forthcoming operating system just a day after the last update.
Apple Music has dominated headlines since it was announced earlier this month at the Worldwide Developers Conference, but despite all the hype and controversy, few people have actually used Apple's new streaming music service. That changes right now.
Microsoft is hurtling towards the release of Windows 10, delivering a new build to early testers that provides more clues what the OS will look like when it ships at the end of next month.
Owners of Samsung PCs will begin receiving automatic software updates from Microsoft again soon, after Samsung said it will end its practice of blocking automatic Windows Updates on its computers.
Lenovo's design chief has come up with a wacky idea for the ThinkPad--so wacky, it just might work.
If you're looking for an exhaustive hands on of Windows 10 Mobile build 10149, this isn't it. I spent most of Thursday afternoon trying to install it on two phones--managing to put one into an unresponsive state, and breaking Wi-Fi on the other. Inst...
Samsung is partnering with Red Hat to build mobile apps for business users, in a deal that recalls Apple's tie-up with IBM this time last year.
The U.S. Navy is paying Microsoft millions of dollars to keep up to 100,000 computers afloat because it has yet to transition away from Windows XP.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- Warning: The new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC ports are a disastrous mess
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT