The normally lightly trafficked Microsoft store in Boston saw a little more action on Windows 10 launch day, but most people weren't interested in the new operating system.
Why can't I see DirectX 12 active in Windows 10?
After trying the patience of both consumers and the enterprise alike with Windows 8, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are hoping Windows 10 will reinvigorate the market for PCs, laptops and all-in-one devices.
It's official, folks: Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for existing Windows users--as long as you claim it quickly.
Microsoft released Windows 10 to the masses on Wednesday, giving the world an opportunity to update to its newest operating system.
When Microsoft set out to build Windows 10, the company had a challenge to face: the operating system needed to appeal to the wide swath of people already using Windows.
Windows 10's facial-recognition technology, Windows Hello, has been the great white whale of Microsoft's new operating system: Microsoft has demonstrated it, but rarely has anyone been able to see it in the wild.
Mexican PC owners will be able to say "hola" to Microsoft's new operating system in a whole new way when it launches on Wednesday, thanks to language support added to Windows 10.
Microsoft appears to have patched a bug in Windows 10 that caused a key part of the OS to crash for some testers just two days before launch.
The days of folks lining up for a copy of Windows are long gone, but Microsoft isn't giving up on the old-fashioned launch day hoopla for its release of Windows 10 this week.
It's a few days before Windows 10 is officially slated to drop, and still, confusion abounds. Worse, many fallacies regarding Microsoft's plans around upgrades and support for Win10 remain in circulation, despite efforts to dispel them.
Microsoft wants people who are testing Windows 10 to update to the latest version of the operating system, and the company has provided an important incentive: anyone running an older version of the OS will be unable to access the Windows Store, star...
Microsoft is pushing hard to get businesses to use its Azure cloud platform, but CEO Satya Nadella said Tuesday that the company hasn't given up on its products tailored for companies that still have on-premises data centers.
Microsoft's virtual assistant Cortana is packing her bags and heading for new countries after the launch of Windows 10.
Michael Dell said Monday that Dell Inc. would begin shipping Windows 10 PCs to customers on July 29, even though Microsoft seems to be saying otherwise.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia