Much of what Apple offers enterprise workers and their IT departments in the new iPhone 5S and 5C comes by virtue of its new iOS 7, first announced in June.
For parents and others handing iOS devices over to kids, it might be wisest to lock down certain features so that children don't stumble across things they shouldn't, or accidentally wreak havoc upon your own device. Here's how.
While iPhone users are often first to experience the latest games, Android users get apps that fully automate their phones and predict what they want to type next. Here are five apps that Android users can brag about to their iPhone-toting friends.
Smart in design and stingy on power, HP's Envy convertible works well as a laptop or a tablet.
Don't shed a tear for Windows RT, the neutered operating system cursed to be the red-headed stepchild of the Windows family (to Windows Phone's great relief). While the OS's rocky birth has since led to an even rockier childhood, its very existence i...
According to Apple, the crux of iOS 7 is emphasising the user's content by doing away with ornamentation. Unfortunately, the stripping away of artifice and ornamentation in iOS 7 hasn't actually changed many interface patterns; it's merely removed un...
Microsoft's Windows 8.1 Preview does much to improve Metro, but little to make Windows 8 more attractive to either new or longtime Windows users
Earlier this month, Apple unveiled iOS 7, the successor to the mobile OS that powers iPhones, iPads and iPod touch models. Not everyone is sold on the new look and feel, including columnist Alex Burinskiy.
Let's face it: All the best apps come to iOS first. Even though Android is the most popular mobile operating system in the world, it has to wait patiently for developers to port their wares over to it. We'd love to see some hot iOS-only apps join the...
Don't fall into the trap of thinking that iOS 7's changes are only skin (or screen) deep. Though the visual changes are dramatic, they may well rank, in practice, as the least exciting update to the operating system, once it ships later this year.
The star of Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference last week was clearly iOS 7, which gets a new look and a raft of new features. Columnist Michael deAgonia takes a look at what's coming this fall.
Rivals Apple and Microsoft bookended the week by revealing productivity tools aimed at the same pool of customers: The millions who own Apple's iPhone.
Here are some first-hand impressions from those of us who got to spend a little time with iOS 7 this week in San Francisco.
iOS 7 is a dramatic re-invention of Apple's mobile software that goes beyond mere additions and enhancements. While there's still much to be learned about the new OS between now and its arrival later this year, we can still provide an overview based ...
The iPad's virtual keyboard could be better than it is. Furthermore, some of the issues here extend to both physical and virtual keyboards.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia