Oracle has imposed a fee of US$90 per user on a plug-in for Microsoft Office that was available at no cost under Sun Microsystems' ownership.
In the latest sniping in the long-running feud over document format standards, IBM this week claimed that Microsoft Corp.'s Excel 2007 corrupted formulas and data in spreadsheets created in the OpenDocument Format.
Having rocketed to prominence as one of the most popular desktop Linux distributions in just a few years, Ubuntu has earned a reputation for stability and ease-of-use. The latest edition -- version 9.04, code-named "Jaunty Jackalope" -- continues tha...
As expected, Microsoft on Tuesday began letting users of Office 2007 download Service Pack 2, marking a milestone in the company's document format battles with governments and other vendors.
Google on Tuesday launched an updated version of Gmail that lets users access their accounts without an Internet connection.
The open-source faithful are lambasting a proposed overhaul of OpenOffice.org's user interface, with critics saying it would "ape" Microsoft Office's controversial Ribbon layout.
Latest News Articles
- On snooping disclosures, AT&T and Internet companies are like night and day
- Yahoo buys concert live-streaming startup Evntlive
- Wall Street Beat: Tech stocks hit 13-year high
- DARPA makes finding software vulnerabilities fun
- Mobile chip speed wars have to end, Broadcom chairman says
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Google Edition
- 2 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 3 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
- 4 Aldi's new budget 8in Android tablet has 3G, makes phone calls
- 5 Samsung targets Galaxy of kids with latest tablet
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »