While Oracle trumpets its open source MySQL database management system this week at the company's OpenWorld conference, the creators behind MySQL's rival, PostgreSQL, have released a major new version of their rival database software.
Google's Android platform was the only operating system to gain users from May through June, a sign that Android may soon dominate the smartphone market, according to ComScore.
Google released Chrome to reignite competitive development of browsers, and now it is playing catch-up on at least one front: hardware-assisted acceleration.
It's lonely at the top, as the old saying goes, and that appears to be just as true for technologies as it is for people.
Tackling memory limitations imposed on Java applications, Terracotta on Tuesday will offer what it describes as a breakthrough in solving the "universal problem" of Java garbage collection.
VMware and Novell announced on Wednesday general availability of Suse Linux Enterprise Server for VMware, geared for use in virtualized and cloud environments.
Due to its dispute with Oracle, Google said it will not present at the JavaOne conference this year.
Rumors swirled once again this week regarding a possible takeover of Red Hat, this time by SAP, but a number of industry observers said Thursday that the prospect is unlikely at best.
As the industry call for cloud interoperability grows more fervent, open-source enterprise software company Red Hat has submitted its cloud platform, Deltacloud, to the DMTF (Distributed Management Task Force) as a potential standard for cloud intero...
There is still a way for Oracle to calm down people concerned about the fate of the Java programming language under the vendor's stewardship, according to James Gosling, known as the "father" of Java.
Two months after releasing version 2 of the enterprise edition of its open-source cloud software, Eucalyptus Systems has posted a new version of the software's base platform, the company announced on Wednesday.
The Vyatta open-source network operating system has been certified for IPv6, which is likely to become a key capability as the number of Internet addresses available under the current version of IP diminishes.
Everyone in the Linux world remembers Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's famous comment that Linux is a "cancer" that threatened Microsoft's intellectual property.
Seemingly abandoned by its new owner, the open-source version of the Solaris operating system, called OpenSolaris, has now lost its governing board as well.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundACT
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTIT EngineerNSW
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW