Google's Android platform was the only operating system to gain users from May through June, a sign that Android may soon dominate the smartphone market, according to ComScore.
Google released Chrome to reignite competitive development of browsers, and now it is playing catch-up on at least one front: hardware-assisted acceleration.
It's lonely at the top, as the old saying goes, and that appears to be just as true for technologies as it is for people.
Tackling memory limitations imposed on Java applications, Terracotta on Tuesday will offer what it describes as a breakthrough in solving the "universal problem" of Java garbage collection.
VMware and Novell announced on Wednesday general availability of Suse Linux Enterprise Server for VMware, geared for use in virtualized and cloud environments.
Due to its dispute with Oracle, Google said it will not present at the JavaOne conference this year.
Rumors swirled once again this week regarding a possible takeover of Red Hat, this time by SAP, but a number of industry observers said Thursday that the prospect is unlikely at best.
As the industry call for cloud interoperability grows more fervent, open-source enterprise software company Red Hat has submitted its cloud platform, Deltacloud, to the DMTF (Distributed Management Task Force) as a potential standard for cloud intero...
There is still a way for Oracle to calm down people concerned about the fate of the Java programming language under the vendor's stewardship, according to James Gosling, known as the "father" of Java.
Two months after releasing version 2 of the enterprise edition of its open-source cloud software, Eucalyptus Systems has posted a new version of the software's base platform, the company announced on Wednesday.
The Vyatta open-source network operating system has been certified for IPv6, which is likely to become a key capability as the number of Internet addresses available under the current version of IP diminishes.
Everyone in the Linux world remembers Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's famous comment that Linux is a "cancer" that threatened Microsoft's intellectual property.
Seemingly abandoned by its new owner, the open-source version of the Solaris operating system, called OpenSolaris, has now lost its governing board as well.
Google on Thursday announced it would require new Chrome extension developers to pay a one-time US$5 registration fee as a way to stymie malicious add-ons for its browser.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA