Some of the developers behind Google Wave have submitted <a href="http://www.waveprotocol.org/">their software</a> to the Apache Software Foundation for inclusion.
A vulnerability in the Android browser could permit an attacker to steal the user's local data, according to a report yesterday from security expert, Thomas Cannon.
Diaspora, a widely anticipated social network site built on open-source code, <a href="http://joindiaspora.com/">has cracked open its doors</a> for business today, at least for a handful of invited participants.
Chip maker AMD on Monday reportedly released an open source driver for the first chip in its new Fusion line, giving Linux users a new, open source-friendly hardware choice in the cutting-edge family of processors.
Attachmate may be the primary purchasing party in the Novell acquisition deal announced today, but the involvement of Microsoft means there's a fresh new threat to Linux looming on the horizon.
CPTN Holdings LLC, a consortium of technology companies organized by Microsoft, is purchasing 882 Novell patents for US$450 million cash, according to a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing submitted Monday by Novell.
Novell announced Monday it has agreed to be acquired by Attachmate for US$2.2 billion, ending months of speculation over its future. The deal is expected to close in the first quarter of next year.
It's been less than two months since the Document Foundation announced that it was launching its own "fork" of the OpenOffice.org productivity software suite, but already its new LibreOffice alternative is beginning to take shape.
It's no secret that Ubuntu 10.10, or Maverick Meerkat, is one of the most user-friendly Linux distributions of all time for business and home users.
With the many choices and factors to consider, choosing a laptop of any kind can be a considerable challenge. Choosing one for use with Linux, however, brings its own special set of considerations, since it's not yet always a plug-and-play world for ...
If you use Ubuntu in your company, you're already familiar with its many advantages for businesses. But guess what? You ain't seen nothin' yet, as they say.
What a difference 233 lines of code can make.
Black Duck Software announced Tuesday it is acquiring the assets of application development toolmaker SpikeSource. Terms were not disclosed.
Samsung's Galaxy Tab has only been out a few days in the United States, but already the benefits of its open source roots are becoming evident. Specifically, Samsung has released the open source portions of the software code used to run the device, o...
Seemingly anxious to get the next version of the Java programming language ratified, Oracle has asked the Apache Software Foundation to reconsider its stance on the proposed Java Standard Edition 7.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle RDBMS/UNIX) 160810/AP/713Asia