Protesting what it perceives as Oracle's undue control of Java, the Apache Software Foundation has resigned its seat from the Java SE/EE Executive Committee, the organization announced Wednesday.
Beware open source. Just ask AOL. All it wanted in the late 1990s was a killer browser to destroy Microsoft's Internet Explorer. They figured the best way of getting this was to make Netscape open source. Four long years later, AOL finally got what i...
The next version of the widely used Python programming language will offer greater support for writing multithreaded applications, a challenging duty for an increasing number of programmers in this age of multicore processors.
The Document Foundation on Sunday announced the availability of the first release candidate of LibreOffice, marking the approach of the first stable version of the brand-new open source productivity suite.
The young and charismatic chief technology officer at FrontlineSMS:Medic, Dieterich Lawson, 21, is committed to his company's mission of using low-cost mobile technologies to advance healthcare networks in underserved communities. Combining the use o...
Canonical on Thursday released the first alpha version of Ubuntu 11.04, offering fans of the open source Linux operating system an early glimpse at the next major version.
Though most recently expected to debut in October, Google's Chrome Web Store may now finally be on the verge of launching.
The Web front end for a Free Software Foundation software repository remains down after the server it was hosted on was attacked last week.
If you've ever paid attention to the market share statistics for desktop operating systems you probably know that Linux is most frequently pegged at about one per cent.
Apple's mobile OS has been facing stiff competition from Google's Android in the smartphone world for quite some time, but a few recent moves from Cupertino suggest that it's feeling the heat more than ever.
An increasing number of contributions to the open-source Linux kernel are coming from mobile and embedded equipment vendors, according to an annual report about to be released by the Linux Foundation.
Enterprise open-source software vendor Red Hat has acquired cloud software provider Makara, Red Hat announced Tuesday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
We all knew Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 would have a hard time catching up with the leading contenders in the smartphone arena, and now there's yet another fresh batch of evidence suggesting that it can't.
If you can't quite spell Hannah Montana or Boyz II Men you're not alone. But Ticketmaster found it doesn't pay to be too strict about spelling and modified its search engine to accommodate creative alternatives. Managers of enterprise and website sea...
Intel is doomed, Hermann Hauser has claimed in an interview with the Wall Street Journal. If you don't know who Hauser is, he happens to be one of the co-founders of ARM -- possibly Intel's most dangerous foe in the semiconductor marketplace, when al...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCJava DeveloperVIC