A newly unearthed bug in certain versions of the PHP scripting language could crash servers when the software is given the task of converting a large floating point number, raising the possibility that the glitch could be exploited by hackers.
With Android, Ubuntu, and ARM set to shine, 2011 promises to be a banner year for open-source software.
Despite ongoing speculation that Android 3.0 is imminent, it looks like the next release of the mobile operating system--dubbed "Honeycomb"--will be version 2.4.
After several months in private beta, Google's App Inventor for Android is now available for general use, so any business or individual can start using the technology to create Android apps of their own.
Google's Chrome operating system-based CR-48 notebook computer may be in just a select set of hands so far, but it's been generating plenty of media attention.
Google on Wednesday unveiled administrative tools designed to make its Chrome browser a compelling choice for businesses.
Google is announcing on Wednesday its donation of GUI designer technology to the Eclipse Foundation, a contribution that an Eclipse official said could lead to the emergence of mobile GUI builders and other capabilities.
With the release of MySQL version 5.5, Oracle is marketing the open-source database for Web application duties, while targeting its namesake Oracle database for enterprise applications.
Eucalyptus Systems has struck a partnership with Red Hat that should ultimately ease the deployment of Eucalyptus private cloud platform on Red Hat software.
Oracle on Wednesday announced Cloud Office 1.0, a Web-based productivity suite that is set to give online applications from Microsoft and Google a fresh dose of competition.
As part of its effort to involve the Ubuntu community in making its Linux distribution better, the Ubuntu Technical Board last week published a list of some of the most popular recent suggestions for inclusion in a future version of the open source o...
A little mentioned fact about the new Google CR-48 notebook is that it's designed to be jailbroken. This was announced by Sundar Pichai, during Google Chrome's recent preview presentation. There's a switch on the inside of the battery compartment tha...
While a number of small companies have been ramping up support for a file system called Lustre that Oracle acquired in its Sun Microsystems purchase earlier this year, Oracle itself has no plans to abandon the technology, a company executive told the...
Oracle has asked the Apache Software Foundation to reconsider its decision to quit the Java SE/EE Executive Committee, and is also acknowledging the ASF's importance to Java's future.
Oracle is expected to launch the general-availability version of MySQL 5.5 during a webcast event on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW