Considerable fanfare greeted Friday's release of the ninth--and apparently final--beta version of Firefox 4, which boosted the popular Web browser with hundreds of bug fixes and a raft of powerful new features.
The volunteer developers behind Apache Tomcat have released version 7.0.6 of the open-source Java servlet container.
The cadre of volunteer developers behind the Cassandra distributed database have released the latest version of their open source software, able to hold up to 2 billion columns per row.
Firefox 4 is nearly ready for release, a recent post on Mozilla's developer mailing list suggests.
Each year, the editors and reviewers of the InfoWorld Test Center gather to look over the list of products that earned the highest marks in stand-alone reviews or came in first in multiproduct shoot-outs. We then determine which ones were particularl...
Anticipating greater use of BI (business intelligence) on the Web and in the cloud, Jaspersoft has rebuilt its software using a standards-based Web architecture.
In a move that will be seen by many as <strong>a sign of open-source advocates' influence</strong>, <strong>a filing in Germany </strong>to create a consortium led by Microsoft to buy Novell patents has been withdrawn.
In a move that will be seen by many as a big win for open-source advocates, a plan to create a consortium led by Microsoft to buy Novell patents has been withdrawn.
Open source software management provider Black Duck Software said Monday it has made its third acquisition in recent months and fourth overall, scooping up consulting firm Olliance Group for an undisclosed sum.
The volunteers behind the Joomla content management system will release version 1.6 of the open-source software today, which features considerable improvements in access control and page layout, among other enhancements.
Salesforce.com announced Thursday it has purchased Web conferencing software vendor Dimdim for US$31 million, and plans to use the company's technology to augment its Chatter enterprise collaboration platform.
It's been an interesting week watching all the many products coming out of this year's CES, with all their shiny new features and innovative appeal.
The Apache Software Foundation is extending its breadth of open-source software projects to include a package of data-management middleware developed by the NASA U.S. government space agency.
While much of the world's focus was on the Consumer Electronics Show Wednesday, Linux creator Linus Torvalds quietly released the next version of the Linux kernel.
The latest release of the Linux operating system kernel offers a number of improvements that should speed up operations in SMP (symmetric multiprocessing) systems.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Dota 2 adds full-featured VR spectator hub for blockbuster International 2016 tourney
- The complete guide to earning and spending coins in Pokémon Go
- Mingis on Tech: Windows 10 turns 1
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA