Microsoft's XML-based office document format, OOXML, does not meet the requirements for governmental use, according to a new report published by the Norwegian Agency for Public Management and eGovernment (DIFI).
The Danish Parliament has decided on a set of rules to which open document formats must adhere if they are to be used by state authorities after April 1, 2011, Denmark's Liberal Party said on Friday.
A German organization plans to build a tool to help developers test whether software they're developing can support documents compatible with the latest version of the Open Office XML (OOXML) standard.
As expected, Microsoft on Tuesday began letting users of Office 2007 download Service Pack 2, marking a milestone in the company's document format battles with governments and other vendors.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTSOE Operations SpecialistACT
- CCTechnology Lead/ Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT