Facebook has partnered with antivirus firm ESET to offer users the ability to scan their computers for malware directly from inside the social networking site.
A hacker group called the Syrian Electronic Army (SEA) scared visitors to several news websites on Thursday by posting rogue pop-up messages saying they'd been hacked.
Over 23,000 Web servers were infected with a backdoor called CryptoPHP that's bundled with pirated themes and plug-ins for popular content management systems.
Antivirus firm Bitdefender unveiled a hardware security appliance for home networks Tuesday that aims to protect devices by scanning network traffic to detect and block potential security threats.
New security updates released for the WordPress content management system and one of its popular plug-ins fix cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to take control of websites.
Attackers have started using the Citadel Trojan program to steal master passwords for password management applications and other authentication programs.
A new organization supported by Mozilla, the Electronic Frontier Foundation and others is working to set up a new certificate authority (CA) that will provide website owners with free SSL/TLS certificates.
A malware program distributed recently through a rogue server on the Tor anonymity network was also used in targeted attacks against European government agencies.
Google released a tool that can be used to test whether the SSL/TLS encrypted connections opened by applications or devices are vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks.
Some of the most widely used messaging apps in the world, including Google Hangouts, Facebook chat, Yahoo Messenger and Snapchat, flunked a best-practices security test by advocacy group the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
Google plans to remove support for the aging Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) version 3.0 protocol in Google Chrome 40, which is expected to ship in about two months.
The critical Shellshock vulnerabilities found last month in the Bash Unix shell have motivated security researchers to search for similar flaws in old, but widely used, command-line utilities.
Users of Drupal, one of the most popular content management systems, should consider their sites compromised if they didn't immediately apply a security patch released on Oct. 15.
Facebook and Yahoo have developed a mechanism to prevent the owners of recycled email addresses from hijacking accounts that were registered on other sites using those addresses in the past.
Many companies set up subdomains for use with external services, but then forget to disable them when they stop using those services, creating a loophole for attackers to exploit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
- By 2020, you'll say more to a machine than to your spouse
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCData ScientistVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW