Facebook has partnered with antivirus firm ESET to offer users the ability to scan their computers for malware directly from inside the social networking site.
A hacker group called the Syrian Electronic Army (SEA) scared visitors to several news websites on Thursday by posting rogue pop-up messages saying they'd been hacked.
Over 23,000 Web servers were infected with a backdoor called CryptoPHP that's bundled with pirated themes and plug-ins for popular content management systems.
Antivirus firm Bitdefender unveiled a hardware security appliance for home networks Tuesday that aims to protect devices by scanning network traffic to detect and block potential security threats.
New security updates released for the WordPress content management system and one of its popular plug-ins fix cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to take control of websites.
Attackers have started using the Citadel Trojan program to steal master passwords for password management applications and other authentication programs.
A new organization supported by Mozilla, the Electronic Frontier Foundation and others is working to set up a new certificate authority (CA) that will provide website owners with free SSL/TLS certificates.
A malware program distributed recently through a rogue server on the Tor anonymity network was also used in targeted attacks against European government agencies.
Google released a tool that can be used to test whether the SSL/TLS encrypted connections opened by applications or devices are vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks.
Some of the most widely used messaging apps in the world, including Google Hangouts, Facebook chat, Yahoo Messenger and Snapchat, flunked a best-practices security test by advocacy group the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
Google plans to remove support for the aging Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) version 3.0 protocol in Google Chrome 40, which is expected to ship in about two months.
The critical Shellshock vulnerabilities found last month in the Bash Unix shell have motivated security researchers to search for similar flaws in old, but widely used, command-line utilities.
Users of Drupal, one of the most popular content management systems, should consider their sites compromised if they didn't immediately apply a security patch released on Oct. 15.
Facebook and Yahoo have developed a mechanism to prevent the owners of recycled email addresses from hijacking accounts that were registered on other sites using those addresses in the past.
Many companies set up subdomains for use with external services, but then forget to disable them when they stop using those services, creating a loophole for attackers to exploit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC