Facebook has partnered with antivirus firm ESET to offer users the ability to scan their computers for malware directly from inside the social networking site.
A hacker group called the Syrian Electronic Army (SEA) scared visitors to several news websites on Thursday by posting rogue pop-up messages saying they'd been hacked.
Over 23,000 Web servers were infected with a backdoor called CryptoPHP that's bundled with pirated themes and plug-ins for popular content management systems.
Antivirus firm Bitdefender unveiled a hardware security appliance for home networks Tuesday that aims to protect devices by scanning network traffic to detect and block potential security threats.
New security updates released for the WordPress content management system and one of its popular plug-ins fix cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to take control of websites.
Attackers have started using the Citadel Trojan program to steal master passwords for password management applications and other authentication programs.
A new organization supported by Mozilla, the Electronic Frontier Foundation and others is working to set up a new certificate authority (CA) that will provide website owners with free SSL/TLS certificates.
A malware program distributed recently through a rogue server on the Tor anonymity network was also used in targeted attacks against European government agencies.
Google released a tool that can be used to test whether the SSL/TLS encrypted connections opened by applications or devices are vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks.
Some of the most widely used messaging apps in the world, including Google Hangouts, Facebook chat, Yahoo Messenger and Snapchat, flunked a best-practices security test by advocacy group the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
Google plans to remove support for the aging Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) version 3.0 protocol in Google Chrome 40, which is expected to ship in about two months.
The critical Shellshock vulnerabilities found last month in the Bash Unix shell have motivated security researchers to search for similar flaws in old, but widely used, command-line utilities.
Users of Drupal, one of the most popular content management systems, should consider their sites compromised if they didn't immediately apply a security patch released on Oct. 15.
Facebook and Yahoo have developed a mechanism to prevent the owners of recycled email addresses from hijacking accounts that were registered on other sites using those addresses in the past.
Many companies set up subdomains for use with external services, but then forget to disable them when they stop using those services, creating a loophole for attackers to exploit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCService DeskWA
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD