The current state of online advertising endangers the security and privacy of users and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission should force the industry to offer better protections through comprehensive regulation, the U.S. Senate said in a report.
Microsoft released optional security updates Tuesday for various versions of the .NET Framework that prevent the RC4 encryption algorithm from being used in TLS (Transport Layer Security) connections.
Facebook is pushing for more email providers to use STARTTLS, a technology that encrypts emails as they pass between servers and clients, after an analysis showed that any SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) server that adds the feature now would st...
Despite taking prompt action to defend against the Heartbleed attack, some sites are no better off than before -- and in some cases, they are much worse off.
Security researchers from Facebook have identified a new variant of the Sefnit click fraud malware program that uses SSH for command and control instead of the Tor anonymity network.
When's the last time you thought about using different passwords for different websites? Perhaps after a bug called Heartbleed started crawling around them.
Adobe Systems released emergency security updates for Flash Player in order to fix a vulnerability that has been exploited in attacks against users since earlier this month.
Mozilla plans to more strictly enforce industry best practices for SSL certificates in future versions of Firefox with a new certificate verification system.
The Tor Project has flagged 380 Tor relays vulnerable to the critical Heartbleed flaw to be rejected from the Tor anonymity network, reducing the network's entry and exit capacity.
Website operators should assess their whole Web infrastructure when patching the critical Heartbleed flaw in OpenSSL, otherwise they risk leaving important components open to remote attacks, despite fixing the problem on their publicly facing servers...
Website and server administrators will have to spend considerable time, effort and money to mitigate all the security risks associated with Heartbleed, one of the most severe vulnerabilities to endanger encrypted SSL communications in recent years.
In an attempt to block email spoofing attacks on yahoo.com addresses, Yahoo began imposing a stricter email validation policy that unfortunately breaks the usual workflow on legitimate mailing lists.
Almost a year and a half after the HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) mechanism was established as a standard, its adoption rate by websites remains low because developers are not aware of its benefits and Internet Explorer still doesn't support i...
Attackers exploited a vulnerability in a popular video-sharing site to hijack users' browsers for use in a large-scale distributed denial-of-service attack, according to researchers from Web security firm Incapsula.
Microsoft has toughened its criteria for classifying programs as adware and gave developers three months to conform with the new principles or risk having their programs blocked by the company's security products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC
- FTTest Automation Lead | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- CCTechnical Requirements Architect - NV1ACT
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- CCPerl Developer l Port Macquarie or QueanbeyanACT
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCDomain Architect - 6 month contract, Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCPMO Analyst - Telco - MelbourneVIC
- CCOIM-IAM Environment ManagerVIC
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- CCSolution DesignerVIC