Struggling HTC is looking to win back burned customers with the prompt unveiling of the One A9, a revised flagship that follows the disappointing M9 seven months later.
OnePlus has abandoned its inviteonly ordering system for its One smartphone up until it launches its successor, the announced OnePlus 2.
Following lavish global launches from Samsung and HTC comes the quiet unveiling of Sony’s Xperia Z4 flagship in its home country of Japan.
HTC continues to flex its photographic muscles with the Australian release of Re, a camera in the vein of a GoPro designed for the everyman. Re will go on sale today with a recommended retail price of $249.
The OnePlus One is a rare breed of smartphone. Its spec sheet can go toe-to-toe with anything from Samsung, Apple and HTC, and yet the One sells for $US299.
Microsoft has inked a deal with Foxtel to bring its Play content service to the Xbox One -- months after Sony brought the service to its PS4.
The One Mini 2 upholds the strong multimedia repertoire of its One (M8) sibling, with a 5 megapixel camera, a 326 pixel-per-inch screen and amplified front stereo speakers. Brushed metal accounts for the body, but a high resolution 13 megapixel camer...
Years of investment has gone into the development of the LG G3. It started with LG pulling out of the flagship race and realigning its business units before it could return to the drawing board. Now the company has put forward its best technologies...
Electronics giant LG has leap-frogged smartphones from Samsung, Sony and HTC with the unveiling of the 5.5in, 1440p G3.
LG has outed its upcoming G3 handset in a promotional video intended to showcase its ‘QuickCircle’ functionality. The official image corroborates a slew of recent G3 leaks.
HTC is hoping its range of One smartphones will appeal to a wider market with the unveiling of its Mini 2 smartphone last night.
HTC's 130MB software update to the One (M8) smartphone delivers additional improvements to the One’s connectivity, call audio performance and camera, but the most valuable inclusion is the long promised 'extreme power saving mode'.
Whispers of a new smartphone flagship free from a high price-tag has reached Australian shores. A new company called OnePlus would work with fan-favourites CynogenMod on the new no-compromise device, with a selective rollout commencing from April 201...
In a matter of days, Samsung’s new Galaxy S5 will be sold in stores. It’ll sit alongside HTC’s One (M8), which was released but ten days earlier. Sony’s Xperia Z2 will follow shortly, along with Nokia’s recently unveiled Lumia 930. The tech-savvy wil...
Two of the hottest smartphones this year have been priced by etailer Kogan, the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the HTC One (M8). The Galaxy is drastically cheaper than Samsung's recommended retail price. What's the catch, Kogan?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia