Intelligent image sensors that can tell everything from your age to how you feel may give "eyes" to the Internet of Things (IoT) if technology from Omron is anything to judge by.
Sandwiched between the IFA and CES electronics trade shows, Japan's Ceatec is fighting to stay relevant. But while the number of vendors at this year's Ceatec was down to 547 from 587 last year, with the notable absence of Sony, there was no shortage...
Healthcare electronics maker Omron is showing off its sensing know-how with a huge ping pong-playing robot, but the robot is still easy to beat -- for now.
The expected boom in demand for small, often isolated devices in the Internet of Things is driving developers to craft new types of components.
NTT DoCoMo and a unit of electronics giant Omron said Wednesday they will form a joint venture to produce products and services that record and analyze personal health data.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW