Sandwiched between the IFA and CES electronics trade shows, Japan's Ceatec is fighting to stay relevant. But while the number of vendors at this year's Ceatec was down to 547 from 587 last year, with the notable absence of Sony, there was no shortage of unusual sights and exhibits. From sign-language androids to smartphone-controlled dinosaurs and table tennis robots, here's a look at the wacky site of the technology expo just outside of Tokyo
Omron in pictures
Intelligent image sensors that can tell everything from your age to how you feel may give "eyes" to the Internet of Things (IoT) if technology from Omron is anything to judge by.
Sandwiched between the IFA and CES electronics trade shows, Japan's Ceatec is fighting to stay relevant. But while the number of vendors at this year's Ceatec was down to 547 from 587 last year, with the notable absence of Sony, there was no shortage...
Healthcare electronics maker Omron is showing off its sensing know-how with a huge ping pong-playing robot, but the robot is still easy to beat -- for now.
The expected boom in demand for small, often isolated devices in the Internet of Things is driving developers to craft new types of components.
NTT DoCoMo and a unit of electronics giant Omron said Wednesday they will form a joint venture to produce products and services that record and analyze personal health data.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle) 161012/SSA/623Asia
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW