Collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange has received a US$20 million investment that it will use to expand its development team to speed up feature rollouts for its Web-based office suite, the company announced on Thursday.
Microsoft has updated the mobile version of its OneNote note-taking application for iPads, iPhones and Android devices, creating a consistent look for notes across all computers, smartphones and tablets in which they're viewed.
Microsoft released a version of its office suite for iPhones in the U.S. that is only available for Office 365 subscribers.
Australia's government may mandate that its agencies use software compatible with OpenDocument Format (ODF), an international file standard.
A freelance Java developer claims it took him only 30 days to build and launch a basic open source office suite that runs on multiple OSes.
Apps, Google's flagship product for enterprise IT, had a minor presence at this week's I/O developer conference, but some announcements at the show and in prior weeks deserve attention from customers of the cloud email and collaboration suite.
A new mobile application from Harmon.ie promises to improve the way people use Microsoft Office 365 from iOS, BlackBerry and Android tablets and phones.
Google is rolling out a new IT administration console for its Apps email and collaboration cloud suite and for other enterprise products such as Maps Coordinate and Chrome OS devices.
Microsoft plans to accelerate improvements in Office Web Apps, the browser-based version of the Office suite, adding features like real-time co-authoring of documents and the ability to run in Android tablets via mobile Chrome browser support.
Office 365 users will increasingly be able to import contacts from external applications after the suite's initial rollout of this capability for Facebook and LinkedIn.
When Microsoft reported its third-quarter financial results last week, company officials trumpeted several metrics about sales and adoption of Office 365, the cloud subscription suite for email and collaboration.
Microsoft is trumpeting Office 365 customer successes at its U.S. Public Sector CIO Summit on Tuesday, but some of those otherwise happy clients have a wish list of features and enhancements they'd like to see in the vendor's cloud email and collabor...
Google Drive, the cloud storage and applications suite used by millions at home and at work, has suffered three service interruptions this week, making it impossible at times for affected users to access their files and applications.
Collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange plans to launch an open-source, browser-based productivity suite called OX Documents.
Microsoft has released a collection of tools that will help Visual Studio 2012 users more easily write add-on applications for Microsoft Office 2013, SharePoint 2013 and Microsoft's Office 365 hosted service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- iPads and Apple TV aimed at transforming patient care
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCJava Developer - CQ5VIC
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT