Google's Slides presentation app can now be used without an Internet connection on iOS devices, joining the two other core office productivity tools in the company's suite, the Docs word processor and Sheets spreadsheet software.
The U.K. government has adopted ODF as its standard for the exchange of word processor and spreadsheet files between departments and with citizens and suppliers, meaning that companies and citizens will not be required to buy a particular application...
Microsoft and Salesforce.com have become corporate buddies, pledging to integrate their flagship products in what they're calling a "global, strategic partnership".
Google is releasing separate mobile apps for its Docs, Sheets and Slides apps, breaking them out from the Google Drive storage service where they used to reside.
Google did little during its first-quarter earnings report to shush critics who say its Enterprise unit is a second-class citizen in its kingdom.
Microsoft is updating its Web-based Office Online suite, narrowing the features gap with the main Office 365 and Office 2013 suites installed on users' devices.
Open source collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange has added a spreadsheet function to its open-source, web-based productivity suite, allowing the online editing and sharing of Microsoft Excel documents.
Microsoft has finally developed a version of Office for the iPad, a move many feel comes too late.
Satya Nadella will hold his first press conference as Microsoft's CEO next week, and reports are emerging that he'll unveil a version of the Office suite for Apple's iPad.
Microsoft will ship a new edition of Office 365 in the spring called Personal, with the announcement phrased in a way that seems to tease the arrival of native editions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint for iPads and Android tablets.
People can now earn a finder's fee when they refer customers to Google for its Apps email and collaboration suite.
Microsoft didn't disappoint with the new and improved capabilities it announced and demonstrated for Office 365 this week, but how well they work in the real world remains to be seen.
As it works on its much-anticipated version of Office for touch interfaces, Microsoft envisions building on what it calls "natural interaction" technologies like digital ink and voice recognition, according to a company official.
Microsoft will add new software, developer tools and capabilities to Office 365 in an attempt to make the cloud applications suite a "smarter" product that is better at helping people interact at work.
Microsoft has again painted a grim picture for customers who remain on Windows XP and Office 2003 after it ends support for the old OS and suite in early April, but it's unclear if the company is succeeding in its campaign to convince holdouts to upg...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia