Have you heard the saying "The best thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from?" It popped into my mind when I learned of the new nVoy brand and certification program for products based on the IEEE 1905.1 standard.
Microsoft announced that Outlook 2013 RT will be coming to Windows RT, along with the Windows 8.1 update. Sales of Windows RT tablets like the Surface RT have been underwhelming thus far, but Outlook will change that.
Haswell -- Intel's fourth generation of the incredibly successful Core CPU -- is here. As vendors begin rolling out hardware to keep up with one another in the renewed specs and performance race, that age-old game that inevitably follows is about to ...
They're good enough for government work: The US Department of Defense has cleared use of devices running the BlackBerry 10 operating system and Samsung's secure version of Android called Knox.
Hard on the heels of the news that the Linux kernel itself has now added Chromebook support, other reports this week suggest that the ongoing popularity of devices that use Google's Linux-based Chrome OS operating system will likely continue unabated...
The Galaxy Note 8.0 is Samsung's stylus-equipped answer to the iPad Mini, but it'll be a tough sell when it launches April 11 for US$399.
Windows RT, Microsoft's first tablet-focused operating system, is not proving to be a hit in Europe. Actually, demand on the old continent is so weak that Samsung will reportedly stop sales of its Windows RT tablet in Germany.
Don't be fooled by the advertised 32GB of storage in Microsoft's Surface with Windows RT tablet. The actual amount of available storage in the $500 model is closer to 16GB.
Linux-based plug computers such as the Sheevaplug have been drawing fresh attention for some time already, but on Monday MimoMonitors launched the new MimoPlug, a tiny, cube-shaped contender that's designed as a desktop PC alternative for cloud compu...
Hardware maker Hercules this week gave Linux fans a nice boost by unveiling two new additions to its eCAFÉ netbook line that use ARM processors and run the open source operating system.
Good citizens of the technological world , this story is not for you.
This week both Apple and HP made new computing platforms available. Both the MacBook Air and the HP Slate had been the subject of months of rumors and speculation, and now they're both here. A business professional in the market for a portable comput...
For now, the Apple iPad still stands alone in the tablet arena, but the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Tab is impending, and many are anxiously awaiting the Android tablet. Unfortunately, for all its formidable features and functions, the Galaxy Tab mi...
Steve Ballmer is known for making big promises -- some bigger than the reality Microsoft can actually deliver. With the 2010 holiday shopping season rapidly approaching, Ballmer insists that we will see Windows tablets by Christmas. If Ballmer really...
LG is once again shifting its tablet strategy -- announcing that it is pulling the plug on its Android 2.2 tablet plans to hold out for Android 3.0. Unlike current releases of the Android OS, the upcoming Android 3.0 is designed with tablets in mind....
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Breaking up Google is just one possible antritrust option, EU lawmakers say
- 'Less' means more to malware authors targeting Linux users
- UK plans to introduce new Web snooping law
- NXP opens wallet to build wearables with better battery life
- Apple iPad Mini 3 review: Paying top dollar for yesterday's tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC