Researchers have taken a step forward in developing batteries that can store 10 times more energy than existing lithium-ion batteries.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
The U.S. Department of Energy's Oak Ridge National Laboratory on Monday completed the deployment of a 20-petaflop supercomputer called Titan, which the lab hopes will give the U.S. an edge over China and Japan in the race to build the world's fastest...
The successful use of phishing emails to breach secure organizations like Oak Ridge National Laboratory and EMC's RSA security division is a stark reminder of the serious threat posed by a type of attack that was previously dismissed as low-tech.
The successful use of phishing emails to breach secure organizations like Oak Ridge National Laboratory and RSA are stark reminders of the serious threat posed by what some experts have dismissed as as a low-tech method of attack.
The Oak Ridge National Laboratory, home to one of the world's most powerful supercomputers, has been forced to shut down its email systems and all Internet access for employees since late last Friday, following a sophisticated cyberattack.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCService DeskWA
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW