The last couple of months haven seen the launch of a clutch of new smartphones -- and also new chipsets that aim to make the next generation of smartphones more powerful and simpler to recharge.
Chip makers NXP Semiconductors Freescale Semiconductor are to merge, creating a US$40 billion company that, they say, leads the market in automotive chips and general-purpose microcontrollers.
To help it improve the battery life of next-generation smartwatches and fitness bands, NXP Semiconductors has acquired part of U.S. chip maker Quintic.
The European Commission announced on Monday that it has launched an investigation into a group of chip suppliers who are suspected breaking the European Union's antitrust laws by operating a cartel.
NXP Semiconductors is planning to cut 700 to 900 jobs as part of a reorganization to reduce costs of support services, the company said on Monday.
Cisco Systems and NXP Semiconductors have both invested in connected car equipment vendor Cohda Wireless, as they look to make the Internet of things a reality and take a piece of a quickly growing market.
Chinese phone maker ZTE plans to include NFC (Near-Field Communications) chips in its smartphones and feature phones, it said on Wednesday at Mobile World Congress.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCProject CoordinatorACT