The last couple of months haven seen the launch of a clutch of new smartphones -- and also new chipsets that aim to make the next generation of smartphones more powerful and simpler to recharge.
Chip makers NXP Semiconductors Freescale Semiconductor are to merge, creating a US$40 billion company that, they say, leads the market in automotive chips and general-purpose microcontrollers.
To help it improve the battery life of next-generation smartwatches and fitness bands, NXP Semiconductors has acquired part of U.S. chip maker Quintic.
The European Commission announced on Monday that it has launched an investigation into a group of chip suppliers who are suspected breaking the European Union's antitrust laws by operating a cartel.
NXP Semiconductors is planning to cut 700 to 900 jobs as part of a reorganization to reduce costs of support services, the company said on Monday.
Cisco Systems and NXP Semiconductors have both invested in connected car equipment vendor Cohda Wireless, as they look to make the Internet of things a reality and take a piece of a quickly growing market.
Chinese phone maker ZTE plans to include NFC (Near-Field Communications) chips in its smartphones and feature phones, it said on Wednesday at Mobile World Congress.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
- Report: HTC to finally launch Android Wear smartwatch in June
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT