With Nvidia and Cisco reporting results, there was some good news on the chip and networking front this week that, with the help of a successful debt offering by Italy that eased economic concerns, helped fuel a rise in IT vendors' shares Friday morn...
Tablets and smartphones will soon get quad-core processors with Nvidia's new Tegra 3 chip, which will eclipse the application and graphics performance provided by dual-core processors found on tablets like Apple's iPad and Motorola's Xoom.
Looking beyond graphics processors, Nvidia is looking to push future Tegra chips into servers as the chip maker tries to break Intel's dominance in that market.
This week has seen lots of talk about Microsoft Windows 8 coming to hardware running on ARM processors. Now, the first prototypes, from Nvidia, Qualcomm, and Texas Instruments, are on display here at the BUILD Expo. But questions remain.
Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8 OS running on ARM prototype tablets and other devices will be open for developer scrutiny at the software giant's Build conference this week.
Hardware and components insiders are giving off mixed signals about how business will fare for the rest of the year.
Nvidia concluded that it would exit the chipset business as Intel made it impossible for the company to operate in the market, the company's CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said this week.
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has raised an interesting possibility about Windows 8, speculating that it will be able to run Windows Phone 7 apps.
U.S. stock markets edged up for the day Friday afternoon, but fears of an economic slowdown and concerns about the debt crisis in Europe caused technology stocks to seesaw wildly along with shares of companies in other sectors this week.
Nvidia on Wednesday appointed a new chief technology officer for its Tesla business unit to provide a spark to its fast-growing high-performance computing (HPC) business.
Sprint's renewed partnership with Motorola, announced today, will result in more than 10 smartphones and tablets for sale in 2011, including Motorola's first WiMax phone for Sprint, the Photon 4G.
Tablets with low power dual-core chips have just started reaching the market, but some chip makers expect the devices to be further supercharged later this year with quad-core chips which were in the spotlight at the Computex trade show in Taipei.
In order to keep a tight leash on future Windows tablets, Microsoft is reportedly asking each chip maker to work with a single computer maker.
Nvidia has shown a prototype tablet computer running a four-core version of its Tegra processor and said products based on the new chip will go on sale starting in September.
Next week could be a big one for Microsoft, as it's rumored to show off Windows 8 tablet software for the first time. Sources tell Bloomberg that a prototype Windows tablet will be demonstrated on hardware powered by Nvidia's Tegra processor, but the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW