The Toshiba dynabook Qosmio T851/D8CR, announced on Wednesday, not only lets you view 3D without glasses, it can also display 2D -- at the exact same time -- in another window on the 15.6-inch screen. This multi-dimensional viewing is a first in lapt...
Despite an unusual earnings miss Thursday by Internet bellwether Google, continuing geopolitical turmoil and disappointing news for the PC market, IT is demonstrating continuing resilience as tech stocks in certain sectors moved higher Friday.
Graphics processors have always been popular in workstations, but are increasingly handling a larger computational load and bringing supercomputer-like capabilities to complex scientific and math applications, according to a Hewlett-Packard executive...
The Lenovo H320 is a slim rig that greatly resembles the rest of the budget desktop pack. But although it's lacking a little in ports and graphics support, it brings a lot to the table -- including 6GB of RAM, a Blu-ray combo drive, and excellent per...
Apple's practical and evolutionary iPad 2 will be the cheapest and most refined tablet on the market when it launches March 11, but it's not for everyone. Whether you categorically oppose Apple products, loathe the iOS operating system, or just want ...
Motorola couldn't have chosen a worse time to start selling the Xoom, the first real Apple iPad competitor. Just as the Xoom went on sale on Verizon, Apple dropped an iBomb in the shape of a press invitation next week to the unveiling of the next gen...
As anticipated, Apple today refreshed its MacBook Pro notebook line, turning to Intel's new Sandy Bridge chip architecture and adding a new connectivity technology dubbed Thunderbolt that transfers data at speeds up to 10Gbps.
Toshiba joined the likes of Samsung and Motorola and unveiled a 10.1-inch Android Honeycomb tablet at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Arriving sometime in the first half of 2011,Toshiba's unnamed tablet focuses on media capabilities, all push...
Just as tablets with dual-core processors start to hit shelves, chip makers are now shipping samples of quad-core chips that could make the devices even faster.
Ah, remember just six months ago, when we were anticipating super fast dual-core mobile processors? Well Nvidia and Qualcomm have been moving along quickly -- on Tuesday Nvidia not only announced, but demonstrated, its new quad-core mobile processor ...
Deciding how much graphics power is required when purchasing a PC has never been easy. Investing in a standalone graphics processor from AMD or Nvidia is more often than not overkill for many office applications. However, graphics processors integrat...
Worldwide shipments of PC graphics products were flat during the fourth quarter last year, potentially hurt by growth in tablet shipments, according to research released by Jon Peddie Research on Monday.
Khronos Group released on Tuesday upgrades to its OpenSL ES specification for high-performance, low-latency audio and its OpenMax AL specification for multimedia applications on mobile and embedded devices.
Nvidia, makers of graphics cards, took a step into a strange future recently when they announced a wireless graphics card, the KFA2 GeForce GTX460. What are you going to do with a wireless graphics card? For one, it’d give that TV that you’ve been w...
Intel and Nvidia have signed a patent cross-licensing agreement and ended a long-standing legal dispute between the two companies, Intel said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW