On Tuesday, Nvidia announced it was going to support x86 processors as a target for CUDA applications. This means that apps that are currently written to support Nvidia's GPU line for compute applications will be able to run on standard x86 CPUs--no ...
Nvidia's GPU Tech Conference is evolving to have an even stronger emphasis on high performance computing than the past couple of years. Yes, there are token nods towards the consumer side of the business--Cyberlink is at the show, demoing 3D Blu-ray-...
The Samsung Q430 has the specs required to zip through work and play. Aside from those internal components, parts of the laptop feel like Samsung isn't trying very hard; a dull display, pointless and annoying software extras, and a few cut corners ho...
Organisations looking to render high-resolation graphics are to be offered a new cloud-based service. Hosting provider Peer 1 said that its new hosted graphics processor unit (GPU) in the cloud would offer considerable savings to organisations intere...
Nvidia on Tuesday will unveil upgrades to Parallel Nsight, a toolkit for building GPU-accelerated applications from within Microsoft's Visual Studio IDE, and Cuda Toolkit, for leveraging massively parallel processing capabilities of GPUs (graphics pr...
LG Electronics on Tuesday announced a new series of smartphones with next-generation dual-core processors, which should provide a big leap in performance while maintaining device battery life.
Nvidia on Friday announced seven new GeForce 400M series graphics cards for laptops, which could provide parallel-processing capabilities to accelerate Web browsing and 3D image rendering.
Starting Wednesday, September 1, if all goes according to plan, you will be able to order one of the first in what will surely be an avalanche of Android -based tablet computers. That's the day the eLocity A7 , running Android 2.2 and based on the Nv...
Nvidia has signed an agreement to license Rambus patents on memory controllers following a ruling against Nvidia at the U.S. International Trade Commission, the two companies announced.
Nvidia on Thursday reported a loss for the second quarter of its 2011 fiscal year, caused partly by charges related to faulty laptop graphics processors the company sold more than two years ago.
Record product shipments and Intel's legal issues helped Advanced Micro Devices gain share in the graphics market during the second quarter, market analysis firm Jon Peddie Research said on Friday.
Graphics company Nvidia on Wednesday lowered its revenue expectations for the second quarter of its fiscal 2011, partly because of a shift toward lower-priced graphics processing units and integrated graphics.
Advanced Micro Devices overtook Nvidia during the second quarter to become the top discrete graphics card vendor, according to market research firm Mercury Research.
Nvidia is extending its 3D offerings from homes to businesses, announcing new 3D glasses and transmitters for use in meetings and presentations.
Nvidia on Monday introduced a graphics card priced at US$199 that will bring high-end gaming and Blu-ray 3D movie playback to desktops.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- 45 per cent of Australians do not recycle e-waste: TechCollect
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW