Chinese handset maker ZTE plans to pre-load a new "Car Mode" app in its Android devices, allowing users to issue voice commands to make phone calls, play music and get text messages read out while driving their car.
Consolidating the rapidly growing market for voice recognition systems and services, Nuance Communications is in the process of acquiring Vlingo, a provider of mobile voice recognition and analysis software, the two companies announced Tuesday. Terms...
Rumor has it that Apple is engaged in serious negotiations with Nuance. A potential deal between Apple and Nuance suggests that Apple is aggressively pursuing new voice recognition capabilities for iOS 5.
Nuance Communications has announced T9 Trace software that lets users input text on a touchscreen phone by gliding their finger from one letter to another on a virtual keyboard, the company said on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Foxtel, Village and ISPs yet to agree on the cost of blocking pirate sites
- Why Microsoft won't extend the Windows 10 free upgrade offer
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW