Japan's NTT Group is buying a majority stake in Germany's biggest provider of datacentre services, the latest sign of convergence in a competitive European market.
NTT Communications is giving the power of choice to network administrators, releasing an upgrade for its Enterprise Cloud platform that will allow for on-the-fly changes to bandwidth capacity and VPN connections.
Using souped-up fiber, the Technical University of Denmark has set a new record for transmitting data over one channel: 43 terabits per second.
Instantly turning on carrier services, one of the big promises of software-based networks, is now a reality, according to NTT Communications.
If you don't mind being represented by a feline avatar, NTT Communications has a quirky video chatroom just for you.
Japanese NTT Communications has acquired Virtela Technology Services and a majority stake in RagingWire Data Centers as part of its worldwide data center and cloud push.
NTT Communications, the IT arm of Japan's main telecommunications operator, is aggressively expanding its data center operations outside the country as part of a push to offer its cloud-hosting services worldwide.
Systems integrator Dimension Data plans to enhance its cloud computing offerings by acquiring OpSource, a Santa Clara, California, provider of hosted cloud services.
Seven segments of undersea data and telephone transmission cables that were damaged in the March 11 earthquake off Japan should be repaired by early May, an arm of Japan's biggest telecom group said on Friday.
Damage to submarine telecommunications cables from the earthquake in Japan Friday is worse than first believed, with two segments of a trans-Pacific network out of service and at least two other cables damaged.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD