During the first 10 months of this year, 1.2 million tablet computers were sold in the US and none of them were iPads.
Microsoft has begun talking about Windows 8 in general terms, reprising a blog-based strategy that it used in the year-long run-up to Windows 7.
Apple's iPad hasn't materially affected consumer PC sales, as some have claimed, a research firm said today.
At the risk of offending Apple fans far and wide, I can't for the life of me see what there is to be excited about in Apple's new iPad.
By the time that Apple CEO Steve Jobs wrapped up today's launch of a revamped iPad, analysts were already calling it "incremental" and pointing out that it the new tablet delivers "no surprises."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
- Apple postpones the AirPods release date to ???
- Microsoft quietly unveils a Surface mouse and desktop keyboards for Surface Studio
- Microsoft's Surface Book i7 doubles the GPU performance of its predecessor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCWebSphere Portal AdministratorNSW
- CCService Desk Analyst - Major Government Client / ParramattaNSW
- TPSoftware Engineer - C++QLD
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCSiebel Technical Integration SpecialistACT
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP GRC ConsultantACT
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Commercial LinesVIC
- CCSAP HANNA ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC