Demand for netbooks is stabilizing and is poised for growth as consumers start purchasing the devices as primary PCs, Intel CEO Paul Otellini said on Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard introduced seven laptops with Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming laptop chips on Wednesday, boosting efforts for the chip designer's efforts to catch up with rival Intel.
Intel's plan to improve its Atom processor line, including the launch of a dual-core version this quarter, could help sustain demand for mobile products including netbooks.
A Hewlett-Packard netbook with Intel's upcoming Atom N455 processor is available for pre-order on a German Web site ahead of the chip's official launch.
Have you wanted multi-touch support on your notebook's touchpad, but were out of luck because you've been running Ubuntu? Synaptics announced today the extension of its Gesture Suite to several Linux operating systems, which means that you can now z...
Solid-state drives (SSD) have been among the hottest hardware products for more than two years, with a good deal of uptake within the consumer PC, notebook and netbook markets in response to a precipitous drop in pricing in 2007 and 2008.
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to build momentum for its laptop chips in an attempt to improve its weak market position and gain ground on rival Intel, analysts said on Friday.
Bored with the fact that Lenovo ThinkPads come only in basic black? Not any more. The <a href="http://shop.lenovo.com/us/landing_pages/thinkpad/2010/Edge">ThinkPad Edge</a> is not only available in fire-engine red (as well as matte or glossy black), ...
MSI has announced that its award-winning Wind U160 netbook will be available for purchase by Australian customers in late May.
Worldwide netbook shipments are expected to grow in the first quarter of 2010, but could be affected as handheld tablets like the iPad gain in popularity, research firm DisplaySearch said in a study released on Monday.
Acer on Wednesday announced its Aspire Ethos laptops, which incorporate a secondary touch screen that doubles as a touchpad to help navigate multimedia content.
Taiwanese companies will show off "at least 10" devices similar to Apple's upcoming iPad at the Computex electronics show in June, one of the event's organizers said Tuesday.
Lenovo is looking to increase its share of the Australian consumer notebook market and is hinging its hopes on an expanded IdeaPad range, which includes a netbook with a built-in multitouch screen.
In a bid to bring some fresh designs to its Studio range of notebooks, Dell held a 'Make it Yours' competition, giving Aussies the chance to design a notebook lid.
Procter & Gamble Co. (P&G), which is ranked 20th on the Fortune 500 list, can afford to buy its employees laptops. But it is instead letting several hundred of its workers use their own laptops as part of a workplace experiment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC